Keep or ditch the bumpers?

I have a Super S I am doing up as a track day car.
It was my intention to ditch the Super S bumpers and fit the normal pre face lift black ones.
The reasons for this are...

1.I'm not keen on the super S bumpers, I think they look quite fussy.

2.The front one has foglights which add weight. As I don't have millions of pounds to spend making the car lighter is like free bhp.

3.If there is an 'incident' I will only be smashing up cheap black bumpers rather than dearer super s ones!

4.The car will look just like a standard 1 litre Micra and it will be funny if I blow anyone into the weeds! :laugh:

5. Lots of people like them so they should be easy to sell to get a few more pennies in the parts I need jar.

However...
If I fit the standard ones, although they are black they are not shiney black and although I don't like the Super S ones, I think these ones will look worse. My budget can't justify having them colour coded.:(

So, my question is....

Do I sell or keep the Super S bumpers?

Or if you want to use the 1l bumpers and bring the black back to life and put a shine on it rub some smooth phat peanut butter into them ;) works a treat

If you rubbed peanut butter on bumpers in my street the stray kids would eat them! LOL!

I probably will sell them, I just had one of those 'worry what it looks like' moments like you get when you see the inlaws and you're walking out the pub with your overalls still on and you haven't shaved for a week!

if shielsk11 doent want them can i have second dibbs?
i can do a part exchange for my bumpers (standard black ones) if u want. and no postage nessecery :p

Will be a couple of weeks before I can sell them. Have to concentrate on getting the thing thru an MOT 1st. Have another K11 to weld and make it start when you turn the key too. Have to pay the bills somehow! LOL! So there won't be anything for sale until the start of the February probably.

Would have got a set of standard bumpers today from the breakers yard but opted to laze about the house instead! (Trying to shake off manflu!)

I'll advertise the bumpers/alloys/interior first.

you plead a fantastic case for the 1l bumpers, and if i were you i would go for it :D
and just for you information lol, a friend of mine has a 94 starlet with black bumpers that look like newer than new, he doesn't even need to polish them, how did he do it? a very very quick run over the bumper with a blowtorch, seen it being done, works a treat :D

New standard ones fitted!

Old Super S ones (in black) will be for sale alongside the original 13" alloy wheels (with decent tyres) at the end of the month. I'll post them here first. Just need to find the time to clean and photograph them!

But please remember, I am in Scotland so unless you fancy a drive you will need to organise your own courier.

Usually I would say ok but I've had so much hassle recently trying to ship a set of alloy wheels I sold on ebay that I don't really want anything to do with couriers again!

If anyone wants any of my big parts (LOL) I will package them and hand them over to a courier but thats it. If you want them delivered by courier you will have to sort it out yourself.

Just a quick note for anyone who asked about the bumpers or wheels I removed, I forgot who asked for what and who could collect them so I'm gonna stick them on ebay at the end of the month. That way everyone gets a shot at them.

Try paisleyfreight.com

I had so much hassle trying to send stuff with couriers last time! Too much time wasted, drivers not showing, fat lazy drivers who won't lift wheels 3 feet into a van and companies trying to get me to sign up for accounts.

Would rather stick them in the skip than waste time with all that again.

If anyone buys them and arranges their own courier, I'll have them packaged, addressed and waiting for the driver to pick up.

Back