Colour Coding Bumpers

Right,

I've bought a Jap import super s front bumper from nicon_23 but have the standard micra rear bumper.

The front bumper needs spraying to the colour of my car and I was going to get the back sprayed too.

BUT......will the back look strange because it is textured? or will it not look too bad? I'm just worried bout spending money and it looking whank.

Also, shall i get rid of the bump strips, stay with them, or get them sprayed too?

Any help would be great guys.

yeah ben sketch is right lol, wayne if ya want a smooth back bumper, prepare for one boring saturday mate lol! best bet is buy a factory body coloured bumper from saalvage yard etc wet n dry it on a high grade sandpaper (800-1200) and then paint it your car colour (same with front if it needs painting) and your bumpstrips. dont take em off 'cos ya'll never get the foam glue stuff of ya body work!

wen you buy a bumper from nissan with no paint,,i think they have the dimples on them

and ,,cant you get some primer that will smooth them out?

yeah you can, i was looking at it in halfords last time but i got told to do it like, (better finish etc) but i think either is the same.

my back bumper was standard black one and i had it sprayed up red... beautiful smooth finish... but its all in the prep work... sand, prime, sand, prime... it can be done but time consuming...

bumpstrips off look ace, but be aware of faded paintwork i.e brighter shade where bumpstrips were...

Why sand the primer down every time? Just wonderin as I never done this when color coding...

Back