K12 headlight prob-no dipped beam????

Hi, I've got 03 reg 1.2 micra...it has the friendly lighting system etc. Noticed couple days ago that I've got no dipped beam, got high and sidelights. Have removed bulbs and checked( that was a bit of a struggle!1). Fuses all seem fine. I wondered what else it could be.......I had the ignition barrell changed last year (keyless) ........I would rather have a bit of knowledge as my main dealer seems to think I am made of money...(still have extended warranty on car though. Anyone know of any common problems as Ive read a few with stalk problems etc.
Thanks

Have I put this on the wrong forum??????????. Anyone got any ideas at all or had similar probs ....it goes in to main dealer on Thurs.....or have I discovered a new prob with the k12........Thanks (.........shuffles off to count pennies in the piggy bank before the dealer bill)

purps

know very little about k12 but most cars have separate fuse for o/s and n/s light, unlikely both gone, same applies to bulbs
my money would be on stalk or connector block
btw those connectors on the bulbs come off easy if you squeeze the sides as you pull them off

frank

Thanks Frank
I have checked fuses....bulbs etc........the k12 has 'intelligent' !! lighting if it was good old fashioned lights I wouldnt have a problem. If it didnt still have warranty on it I would of stipped back the wiring itself by now and cobbled a heath robinson type lighting system. Thanks anyway

ok purbs right i found out i had this problem on one side only , managed to source the problem and guess what it was get ya self a philips screw driver and go to the little hole on top at the back , it could ither be that or check the pin on the motors are in position , i also dislodged them once lookin how to change the h4 bulbs lol ,
1. check the switch on the drivers side near the door and move the lights up aND down if they move you hear a noise the motor is fine if you dont something has happed to the electrics lol
2. you need to see if you can move the silver bit up and down in the lights move it up and then reinsert the motor and retry the motor should work fine now
3.if ya get this far ya as mad AS ME lol
let me know i might have a few more for ya lol

Cheers for that but I dropped it off at the dealers tonight.....I had already checked the light motor up, down etc and it was fine........by coincidence the clock was also showing the wrong time this am and the range monitor was showing it was eating fuel at a rate of knots, whereas the fuel guage wasnt showing other than normal useage..........me thinks the gremlins have been partying in the electrics........got given a 56 plate Nissan Note as a courtesy car and was pleasantly surprised......the handling reminded me of my k11.......even an ice box/cooler in glove compartment.......stalks, stereo etc the same as the micra............hmmmmmm perhaps a closer look....................................on second thoughts not..........might try and find another k11 all purple and shiny..................will report back when I finally get an answer on what the problems were though........

Back