K11SS turbo project

Ahhh so you did buy his K11! Wondered what happened to his car. Good luck with the car, i've heard bad things about AVA so be warned.
Don't break it - as you've a habbit of kicking cars arses - this car won't take it!
If i can help with anything - gimmie a shout

:kungfu:Titch

k11stew said:
to add my unwanted uneducated 2 pence worth.

this will go bang.

Why'd you say that dude? If its done properly there is no reason why it should - surely?

Ed : Thank you for your kind words sir, very much appreciated :)

just a feeling mate, ive been out in it, wasnt too impressed.

looks like its been done on a small small budget.

id love it not to go bang.

but thats just my guess!

k11stew said:
just a feeling mate, ive been out in it, wasnt too impressed.

looks like its been done on a small small budget.

id love it not to go bang.

but thats just my guess!
he is right to a point, y i want to finish her as it should have been done from the start.

thanks fot the comments guys

stephen

Ed said:
I think some members (K11SS in particular) should grow up and consider themselves very lucky about the present company the MSC has. It is not an understatment to say that Dan (micracharge) is one of the most experienced uk mappers there is, you are making a very bad decision indeed to knock anything he says. Its no joke that he puts all experence myself and anyone else has here to shame.
this so called outburst, was not an out burst at anyone in particular, be for i knew dan was the mapper of abbey i still thought highly of him, because his posts were very accurate and easy to read etc. so i do not see were u assume the 'outburst' was aimed at just 1 person.

it seems dan is the only 1 who answered my question of wat ecu ... wat standalone ecu to use! which i thank him greatly for doing, now i can go forth and look into the buying of 1 :)

EDIT: content removed

stephen

Intersting pete, I have seen hand held programmers that can do such, but nothing more than that and it certaintly was not as quick as the usual ecu software.

K11SS You were given advice for other options. You do not need a stand alone ecu. Since there is no direct fit option you are looking at least £1300+ for an ecu to be fitted and mapped. (if its worthy of a change anyway) you could source and have a blue e-manage fitted for 1/4 of that if you looked about, and once you had started the key and driven off you would not know the difference.

Yes I do use MSN, use planetdan0h @ btinternet.com, feel free to email or PM me. I dont get on MSN very much, but drop me an email and I will usually get back to you within a day :)

k11SS, i personally feel i gave you valid advice, if you aren't interested, i won't give it.

Ed, i use some good emulators to make the ecu changes live.

yes i agree all advice was valid but i didn feel it helped me in my direction however i do apologise, to ALL members i may have offended !

ive been just as short sighted as this AVA tuning garage n jus dismissed the emanage, it will probably work very well so i will look into it, also id like to say i might jus be breaking this car and saving up to get some money to start my own from start etc , use this car as the experience i need to feel comfortable in doing the build :D

thanks again to all for info and hope i can still recieve ur advice, it will not fall on deaf ears anymore... thank you

stephen

Back