k11 on barryboys

think it's well done but i grown even more angry at the replies - i've heard them all before but it still gets to me! :mad:

looks a very nice car.will look good when its finished.

i would love to meet the owner of barryboys because id run him over just coz he has such a stupid site

me too mike, When they ban a user from their forums they ban the ISP not just a single ip. Everyone from tiscali is banned

Daz :alien:

no, if it is a kitted scooby saxo or corsa then ur a barryboy too, there basic idea is that as soon as you do something to your car that isnt factory standard then your a barry, you have to admit some of the cars are total sheds though

i think these guys aint got nothin better to do... whats the point...
if you dont like it, it dont matter its not your car...
they need to chill out stop being kn0bs...
half of them chat siht... they should give opinions not flip there lid and cuss all micras...

gets me worked upgrrgrr:suspect:o_O

I think the car looks very nice!!! :) Good work to the owner I say. Its a stupid site really, but with some of the cars they do have a point, but most of them that appear on there are ok. Just gotta ignore them I guess.

K10Daz said:
me too mike, When they ban a user from their forums they ban the ISP not just a single ip. Everyone from tiscali is banned

I think you were just unlucky enough to get the IP address of someone who was previously banned (same with Mike), it's a really poor way to ban, especially with a site as "controversial" as BB where lots of people are getting banned!

i like the way the complain about not having that kind of money to do up their own cars hehe their cars must be sh*t.

and how micras are crap because they are small !?!?fwn

what! i bought my micra because it was small it's people with 24 foot beamers with only two doors that have the crap cars, have you ever tried parking something like that?

but then i've come from a world of bikes so anything bigger than a bike is a waste of space anyway.

sorry i'm ranting

hehe. I think it's funny, the miss conceptions about barryboys.

The site, is a forum set up primarily to show, laugh and point at badly modified cars. You know the type, stick on bodykit, fake bonnet pins, wheels that only work to slow the car down etc.... Fair enough there is a group of members that take it too far. If you were to go on there without tarring everyone with the same brush you might find that MOST members on barryboys actually own MODIFIED cars. Modifications that matter such as suspension/engine mods. I personally find it funny that people go on and complain that their car is the subject to ridicule, by claiming that it's a one off, or that it's super fast when the only performance modifications made are an air filter on a hairdrier engine.

Now one thing I do do on that site is I will defend micra's, where they deserve defnding. Ed's silver March made it up there last week and I took a dim view on it and had to educate a number of members on what a March ST actually was.

Anyhoo, i'll leave you to your own opinions....

Petey-Boy

i just don't like the people who arn't willing to put the time and effort in to modifying a car.

someone the other day asked my how much i'd spent on my car,

when i told them they asked why didn't i spend the money on a decent car.

but i have a decent car, it looks how i want it to and drives how i want it to,

and i'd have it over any other car because it's perfect for me and nobody else....

my two cents :p

NeX said:
i just don't like the people who arn't willing to put the time and effort in to modifying a car.

someone the other day asked my how much i'd spent on my car,

when i told them they asked why didn't i spend the money on a decent car.

but i have a decent car, it looks how i want it to and drives how i want it to,

and i'd have it over any other car because it's perfect for me and nobody else....

my two cents :p

Agreed and well said mate :)

The whole reason on doing up your is for your benifit. We've no doubt all been laughed for having/doing up our Micras, but thats the whole fun of it!
I've even had a few people saying to me that when they've seen mine, its changed thier opinion on Micras. (Daz - you were there that night!)

At the end of the day - what you want to do is your choice, and the chances are what you do, you'll probally just get laughed at - but who cares really? If you can stand back at the end of it and say your happy to say its yours, **** everyone else.
Titch :kungfu:

James said:
K10Daz said:

I think you were just unlucky enough to get the IP address of someone who was previously banned (same with Mike), it's a really poor way to ban, especially with a site as "controversial" as BB where lots of people are getting banned!

Thats a bit crap, Im glad i cant get on the site no more anyway is it just got me aggrivated and wanted to swear a lot lol

I agree with MA12. The site really makes me laugh actually, i like it. As for that micra, mmmm... Frony bumper is too big, mesh looks tacky, get rid off K&N sticker, the shape of the back bumper is ok but the mesh is crap. I can definetly see why iyt made it on there, maybe they wouldn't so harsh if it was sprayed. But its definetly better than most cars on there

MA12:) said:
Ed's silver March made it up there last week and I took a dim view on it and had to educate a number of members on what a March ST actually was.

Got a link? I remember reading about the Black ST and a few people saying 'why stick a turbo in a shopping trolley' and 'the front lights looked rediculous', until someone put the performance spec up and said it was a factory standard car. stupid muppets think they know everything!

Lol no, it was with a red astra in a thread... Don't worry Micra Pete and myself defend Micra's where and when they are put up.

RE: RE: k11 on barryboys

Lol no, it was with a red astra in a thread... Don't worry Micra Pete and myself defend Micra's where and when they are put up.

Good for you :)

ah someday the world will accept micras for what they are.....

ahh i found it! wouldnt agree about micra pete's comments tho on many threads! just seems to say everything's ****!

wow there captain, if a car is barried up it's going to get dissed whether it's a micra or not, if a car is tastefully done or is actually standard, or is purely performance related it'll get defended by pete and petey

to me the barry boy site is a total waste of webspace. the fact that people actually devote time and effort to ridicule others peoples hard work and money it disgusting and rather pathetic on their part. it doesnt matter what car it is people make a descision to put their effort into modifying it. it doesnt matter whether its to your own personal taste or not. ive personally found on their that the majority of them know less than nothing about cars in general let alone making them better. the fact that they took the piss out of a turbocharged and supercharged car is frankly beyond idiocy. the amount of decent engineering that would have to go into the march st to super/turbo an engine is beyond amazing but to do it to a 998cc engine wihtout it breaking down every 5 seconds its incredible. i stay away from that website know coz it makes me angry.

930cc actually :p

Yeah they havnt got a clue what their on about. I think they get up every day and say "Hmm, i wonder what car i can rip the urine out of today?" or something to that effect...

The ST is definitly a masterpiece, a work of art!

The could atleast do a little research on it before they have a go at it in all fairness...

Attachments

• DSCF0067.JPG
    DSCF0067.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 179
Back