K11 litre - jerky ?

Hello all, strange question but does anyone else find there 1 ltr micra to be jerky (i.e it slows quite quickly) when you lift off the throttle ?

The car belongs to my wife and I drive it now & again, the brakes are not binding and it mpg is fine, it just seems that when you lift off, the car slows quickly compared to my 1.6 Astra.....

Chris

What, in 2nd and 3rd gear especially?

I hate taking my foot off in 2nd gear. It's really uncomfortable unless you do it uber smoothly.

My logical guess is that it's to do with the gear ratio's and engine braking.

Well, 1st is worse, but in all honesty, I spend ###### all time in 1st, and i tend not to take my foot of the accelerator in 1st with out putting the clutch down.

But like, saying your cruising up to some traffic lights in 2nd or something, and you take your foot off: jerk jerk jerk wump wump jerk jerk broken neck owww, jerk, stop.

Sounds like a perfectly normal k11 lol, getting back into a micra after driving something else always feels weird, i drove a Volvo S60 for nearly 6 months last year (and nothing else) and getting back into a micra after that was just surreal.

Even modern superminis feel totally different today especially if its nearly all fly by wire etc.

I'm intending to try a good bit of lube over the weekend... on the throttle cable. I know exactly what you mean, I switch regularly between the Micra and a V6 Omega, the difference is huge - neither is an easy car to drive smoothly (especially when, er, making progress) but I like a challenge... :)

I must admit I hate the driving position in the stock Micra seats, and the way it does drive.

Because I'm 6'2 or 3, I have to have the seat all the way back for my legs, but then, I have to lean forwards to reach the steering wheel, and I don't like having the seat up because that hurts my back. And your sat too high. I wanna be snug and low down, like I'm in a fighter cockpit or something (see Vauxhall Insignia, BMW 3 series of old, older Ford Mondeo's etc.

And the whole engine braking thing is just horrible, as are the gearboxes.

capnmchl, im 6'3 aswell and I now have a permanent window winder indentation on my right knee.
Anyway I think its due to the throttle body setup, well the TPS to be precise. Mine was really bad so stuck another (used) body on and as everyone says it was standard Micra bad. Got a fella I know to fettle with the one I took off, tried that back on there and it was like a different car, smooth as a sausage.

What, in 2nd and 3rd gear especially?

I hate taking my foot off in 2nd gear. It's really uncomfortable unless you do it uber smoothly.

My logical guess is that it's to do with the gear ratio's and engine braking.

Yes, mainly 2nd and 3rd but i think its the similar in 4th and 5th, you lift off and its like someone has applied the brakes !

capnmchl, im 6'3 aswell and I now have a permanent window winder indentation on my right knee.
Anyway I think its due to the throttle body setup, well the TPS to be precise. Mine was really bad so stuck another (used) body on and as everyone says it was standard Micra bad. Got a fella I know to fettle with the one I took off, tried that back on there and it was like a different car, smooth as a sausage.

What did you do to the TPS to fix it, clean it, adjust it or something else ? I know on SR20's you could adjust its position.

Back