Failed the MOT on emmisions..micra 1 litre 2001 any thoughts?

Hello there..my lpg fueled micra 1 litre 2001 failed the mot on emmissions alone.....the bodywork is basically fine and rust free. The MOt inspector advised me that since i had a extra oil injection on the engine this could have brought on the failure of the third cylinder and the loss of compression. But i was advised to have the flash lube oil injection by a local garage as they said that this would prevent valve seat recession for the micra. However MOT inspector said that actually putting extra oil into the compression chamber with LPG would actually cause it to burn hotter snd cause damage. He reccommended that i take the oil injection off.
I tried 4 time to get the car through the MOT but it failed the emmissions test each time. The third cylinder is defiantely down. He also put oil down the cylinder and retested and found that the valves are ok and that it is the rings that are the problem. Plus my air filter is soaked with oil.
So whats a poor boy to do? Should i just get rid of it? Should i get a new engine for it? The bodywork is fine, it has 4 brand new tires on it. The front brakes, both pads and disks are brand new.

Any advice and suggestions would be gratefully recieved. Any advice or reccommendations for suppliers of engines and also garages that would fit it in the south manchester area? What are the pitfalls?

thanks in advance

Michael

frank

Club Member
mine did 55k on lpg with no problems, and my super s did about the same (no valve lube stuff)
you should be able to find an engine for £100 ish :)