Petrol to rise to £1.15 per litre

Micra 110

Site Supporter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...5-litre-drivers-warned-expect-pain-pumps.html

That's not the end of it....When the price of Oil falls the price will stay the same then the Oil will go up followed by a price rise...

I can only afford so much because of other bills, mortgage, Phone and car and some smokes. I don't go out anywhere as everything is so expensive...why doesn't the Gov't DO something? Why can't they fix the price of petrol for a year and then re-evaluate?

The complete TAX regime in this cop out country is out of control imo, does the Gov't expect me to do 2 jobs or 3 or 4? Like there's not enough hours in the day to do stuff now and to top it all off I've just got out of a traffic jam as far as the eye could see, the Gov't wants me to work to pay Tax but I'm sat in a jam for 3/4 of an hour making me late and subject to an ear bashing, which also loses me money....i think it's a lose lose situation...GODDAMMIT!!! grr

Interestingly it's now the same price for 95 Unleaded as it is for Diesel at most of my neighbouring garages, (102.9-104.9). Makes me happy that I only pay 49.9 got LPG......currently! ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...5-litre-drivers-warned-expect-pain-pumps.html

That's not the end of it....When the price of Oil falls the price will stay the same then the Oil will go up followed by a price rise...

I can only afford so much because of other bills, mortgage, Phone and car and some smokes. I don't go out anywhere as everything is so expensive...why doesn't the Gov't DO something? Why can't they fix the price of petrol for a year and then re-evaluate?

The complete TAX regime in this cop out country is out of control imo, does the Gov't expect me to do 2 jobs or 3 or 4? Like there's not enough hours

The govenment dont want you to have a car its simple you like thousands of others myself included are working class and therefor the backbone of the country so by keeping us down we have no choice but to do there bidding. Middle class and Upper class can afford the luxurys of life and one of those is the humble car sooner or later you will be priced out of owning one its sad but true, Take top gear yes everyone me included likes it but when did you last see a cheap cheap car for sale on there even the reasonable priced suzuki has a star in it, It hasent got the title Joe bloggs brikie in a reasonble priced car again middle to upper, the sooner were all on public transport push bikes or shanks pony the the govenment has done what its allways set out to do because they dont care about you the working man and never have and they never will.

the govenment dont want you to have a car its simple you like thousands of others myself included are working class and therefor the backbone of the country so by keeping us down we have no choice but to do there bidding. Middle class and upper class can afford the luxurys of life and one of those is the humble car sooner or later you will be priced out of owning one its sad but true, take top gear yes everyone me included likes it but when did you last see a cheap cheap car for sale on there even the reasonable priced suzuki has a star in it, it hasent got the title joe bloggs brikie in a reasonble priced car again middle to upper, the sooner were all on public transport push bikes or shanks pony the the govenment has done what its allways set out to do because they dont care about you the working man and never have and they never will.

qft

People need to realise that the government want it to be like the old days when it was just rich people on the road like royalty etc. So they are making it harder and harder for average Joes to drive so it is more convenient for them.

Whatever the price of petrol, i'll pay it!!! Just one of them things, if you can't afford to pay for it, then don't drive! easy!

The more expensive they make driving the more illegal activity will happen to fund driving.

If they go too far I'll buy petrol instead of road tax and insurance and ride around illegally, and the govt. will have forced me to do that as I'm not in a position to walk everywhere and there's no public transport to my area

I dont know about doing it illegally to be honest with you, the last thing Id want to do is loose my license. I agree with Ollie240585 though and I'll add that for me driving is'nt just about getting from A to B its a passion and a hobbie, so either way wether petrol's at 80p a litre or £1.20 im still going to fork out the cash at the pumps.

Whatever the price of petrol, i'll pay it!!! Just one of them things, if you can't afford to pay for it, then don't drive! easy!

For me anyway...

The point isn't whether i can afford it, The point is why should i have to afford it.
i Just dont understand why the government feels it should take Such a big cut.

Greed, But this blatantly? , the government is asking for trouble, and if they keep pulling these stunts the Government is eventually going to get what its asking for. The outcome of which will probably ruin this country further.

It is quite hard on people especially people with family and performance cars. I recently purchased a civic type R and I have a baby on the way, the price hike doesn't come at a worser time.

I dont know about doing it illegally to be honest with you, the last thing Id want to do is loose my license.

whats your license worth if you cant affford petrol anyway?? id probably look into "other" methods of funding driving if it ever got to that point (silly money at the pumps).

I'm not sure whether this is right or not, but I heard that as the Government are partaking in their own illegal activities such as the fraudalent claims *cough* can also be seen as money-laundering *cough*,then making the Joe Public pay tax is essentially illegal.

Not my words, just something I heard, and maybe worth thinking about.

Admittedly for some people, cars are either a luxury or a necessity, but this Government is really taking the pee now.
It's ironic - they are making it incredibly difficult for people to own cars, but they would truly be knackered for public spending if it weren't for the road tax, fuel duty, scamera fines, parking fines, and new car duty that the law-abiding society have to pay...

Well does the government want us to drive or not? They're trying to tempt us all into buying new cars with all of this scrappage scheme rubbish, and then go and **** us all over by killing us with the tax.
**** the new car industry, what good is it anyway if nobody can afford the fuel to run the bloody things?

wether petrol's at 80p a litre or £1.20 im still going to fork out the cash at the pumps.

And they know the majority of car owners will do the same. I will too! It's the easiest way for the government to bring in money

Meh. The majority of drivers are actually very naive, or don't know anything about the whole petrol pricing thing, so the government gets away with it quite easy.

Oddly enough, the only way I can see the government taking off the VAT or slashing the tax a bit is if the whole red diesel theft becomes a major problem as a result of the price of diesel. And I know last year a few people died as a result of this whole thing, but if it shows how desperate people are, then maybe it's for the greater good. Debatable.

Unfortunatly for me, I live in the sticks, public transport is a rip off, and very spordaric, and the only way for me to have a life is to drive :(

the govenment dont want you to have a car its simple you like thousands of others myself included are working class and therefor the backbone of the country so by keeping us down we have no choice but to do there bidding. Middle class and upper class can afford the luxurys of life and one of those is the humble car sooner or later you will be priced out of owning one its sad but true, take top gear yes everyone me included likes it but when did you last see a cheap cheap car for sale on there even the reasonable priced suzuki has a star in it, it hasent got the title joe bloggs brikie in a reasonble priced car again middle to upper, the sooner were all on public transport push bikes or shanks pony the the govenment has done what its allways set out to do because they dont care about you the working man and never have and they never will.

spot on!!!!!!

I used to run public transport to and from work everyday....turns out running the doom buggy costs almost £200 a month LESS!!!

Even public transport is Bull ####.

No, a farmer and his wife (i think) got killed when people tried to steal the red diesel of their farm, because of the high prices last year.

Seeming the price of petrol basically effects the price of everything, and we're in the middle of a recession, you'd think the government would lay off the tax?

see attached pic for the govenments plans for working class, think it wont happen give it another 15 to 20 yrs lol.

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 215
Whats all this BS about working class this and working class that? the petrol prices effect everyone. I might be middle class but it doesn't mean I've money pouring out of my pockets. Yes I'm ina profession and yes I get paid quite well for a 25year old but I'm morgaged to the hilt and what little is left goes to service my university debts.

Fuel prices hit everyone. For those who have company cars the milage rate hovers around the 11p mark which unless your car gets 40+mpg means you loose money at the minute!

It doesn't hit the upper classes quite so hard, I'm pretty sure you aren't middle class as the middle class has a serious problem seeing the class system

It doesn't hit the upper classes quite so hard, I'm pretty sure you aren't middle class as the middle class has a serious problem seeing the class system

On the contrary, the middle class is one of the few things keeping the class system alive. From lower middle class (all the ideals none of the money) to the upper middle class, we refuse to be working class but aren't blue blooded enough to be part of the gentry. I'm a professional, born to a civil servant (central), born to a senior civil(local) servant ad infinitum... Class has nothing to do with money so please refrain from using generalisations.

I never understand the government.
Oh my god, stop people smoking... do everything we can! (But what about the VAST amount of revenue it brings you, what are you going to tax when you succeed.)
Oh no, cars are killing the environment.
Etc etc
Without the income from smoking, fuel tax, road tax, and speeding fines this government would be sunk!

I don't believe its a class issue, its just a typical lazy government, they think the only way to fix anything is to slap a tax on it.

Its an absolutely ridiculous state of affairs, we pay billions of pounds in road tax and tax from petrol yet the roads are still horrendous! The goverment could probably afford to repair every road in the country with one years worth of tax but would they even do half of that? No.

At least we still get free health care.

For how long though, I think it's wrong we have to pay for NHS dental care, that used to be free.

We also have to pay prescription charges which seems wrong, what are we getting for all the taxes we pay?

No, a farmer and his wife (i think) got killed when people tried to steal the red diesel of their farm, because of the high prices last year.

Seeming the price of petrol basically effects the price of everything, and we're in the middle of a recession, you'd think the government would lay off the tax?

hit the nail on the head my friend. people get so hung up about fuel effecting those who drive, but it effects the price of shipping and postage and therefore, food etc, everything goes up in price. petrol is so important and people think its just for the boy racers.

oh and just so you know Sweden is at an astronomical £0.80p per ltr at the moment, how will i cope over there lol maybe i will have to live with the every 5min public transport system..

For how long though, I think it's wrong we have to pay for NHS dental care, that used to be free.

We also have to pay prescription charges which seems wrong, what are we getting for all the taxes we pay?

Like, if you got impaled by a steel pole through your chest, and it didn't kill you. The hospital would try in their every effort to keep you alive.

Like, if you got impaled by a steel pole through your chest, and it didn't kill you. The hospital would try in their every effort to keep you alive.

well only after you had been in the waiting room for 6 hours while they pump the stomachs of all the binge drinkers (bing drinking pays more in taxes so gotta keep them alive) and then you will die of some unrelated problem that you picked up in the hospital, then your family will be charged for removal of your body, and they will be taxed on all your stuff they inherit.

well only after you had been in the waiting room for 6 hours while they pump the stomachs of all the binge drinkers (bing drinking pays more in taxes so gotta keep them alive) and then you will die of some unrelated problem that you picked up in the hospital, then your family will be charged for removal of your body, and they will be taxed on all your stuff they inherit.

Spot on, only it's binge drinking immigrants on benefits that go to the front of the queue

A and E on a saturday night.. always a laugh :p honestly if your going to knacker your back or impale yourself on a steel pole best trying to streer clear of fri/sat nights!

I seriously hope you lot are trying to wind Hyundai up?! if not I think there's something wrong with your heads.

Lol yeah I'm just playin, although I do sometimes feel that we brits do come in second a lot, an MRSA is a problem, and there are long waits in A&E, oh wait no I was being serious I guess

well i was being half serious,

i came off my motorbike on a friday night, i waited 6 hours in the waiting room with a massive hole in me knee while i watched hundreds of binge drinkers get their stomach pumped.

my aunt recently died from numonia *sp which she caught in hospital, she had only gone in for a small problem.

and a friend of mine's grandpa died and the house that their family had lived in for many years had to be sold to give the government their inheritance tax....

so you would be pretty unlucky to have it happen to you all at the same time but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen

Back