K11 injectors upgrade

Hi !
i prepare a k11 for a track
I have CG13 trottle body new , janspeed manifold, 100 nx gti airbox , 100 nx 1,6 brake
Decat and i would to know what injectors can i fit bolt on or with a little mod ?
And if i change injectors what i must change too ? (fuel pump is ok ?)
Thanks for ur reply and wath sort of gain can i wait ?

Standard injectors are fine for what mods you have. If you still want to change them you will need a remap of the ecu, they are not a bolt it and drive away mod(Y)

Standard injectors are fine for what mods you have. If you still want to change them you will need a remap of the ecu, they are not a bolt it and drive away mod(Y)

here,s a quote from EBB,s dyno results "The AFR was in the 15 ish range and that’s what they normally will be when all is stock…actually even higher sometimes."
so why would slightly bigger injectors not give gains baz ?

My car is standard and generally runs in the 14s, you may get some more power by running slightly richer but I would buy a fuel pressure reg to do so as you will have more adjustment as opposed to sticking in bigger objectors and hoping that they will be the right size:)

here,s a quote from EBB,s dyno results "The AFR was in the 15 ish range and that’s what they normally will be when all is stock…actually even higher sometimes."
so why would slightly bigger injectors not give gains baz ?

Try it with no management and see it will probably make less power . . . do you not think?

Try it with no management and see it will probably make less power . . . do you not think?

i really dont now baz, i,m just going by EBB,s claim
if an engine has been tuned and is running lean throughout, then imo a slightly larger injector should deliver proportionally more fuel on the same map (being that injectors are metered by duration)
but if the tuned engine is running rich, then sure, bigger injectors will give less power fwn

I've had 1.6 injectors (on a 1.6 t/b) and it will run rich, especially at low revs 2-2500rpm...much popping and burbling...but there is much more oomph in the lower rev range, i would describe it like the entire range of power is better, but as if the rev counter is 1-1.5k behind... For example, you put the foot down at 3k, and the car pulls like it would at 4k, and so on. :p

If it is running 15:1 at idle/low throttle, thats fine. If that figure is at high revs, it is dangerously lean.

Ideally, you want to be running leaner than stoichiometric (14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel) at low revs to foster good fuel economy and throttle response. At high revs, you need to be running richer (as high as 10:1) than stoichiometric to protect against detonation and high combustion temperatures.

I used GA16 injectors on my 1.0 Facelift before a remap and it was fine, but my 1.3 SR Pre-facelift overfueled a bit on the same injectors, and when i started to use NIStune on the 1.0, i had set the K constant to a certain value, but for the SR i had to lower it, and all Pre-facelifts share the same K value (stock), like all Facelifts share the same value (stock), but are different between them, dont know why tho... fwn

I don t have pre facelift so no probleme for me ?
But is an 1.3 l :blush:
Difficult to understand and who believe, nobody have the same version :p
But thanks for all for ur reply (Y)

Back