Front Brake Upgrade ------------

Hi all, as my car was originally a 1 Litre i changed the engine to a 1.3, with a 1 Litre gearbox and the front brakes standard to the car, with full Janspeed 4 brach system and goes like it doesnt wanna stop.

I have 14" alloy wheels (original 2000 nissan K11 wheels) and would like to know what front brake calipers can i upgrade to without any mods with 1 Litre discs, or if have to what calipers and discs, i.e. just a straight swap and bleed the system and drive? any info and advice would be great.....

Cheers guys!!

J

will pulsar GTIR front disc brakes fit but i am not to sure if they would fit 14" you will have to find out, also they are good because they have vented disc which allows you to have a cooler disc brake :D

Hi camoxodka, thanks for your reply, is it the pulsar Brakes and discs?, how easy is it to get hold of them, not much pulsars around, if so would there be any other model nissan thats better than micra brakes i could use, using 14" wheels?

Cheers

J

Are pulsar brakes direct fit (with the 1mm washer)? I'm sure I read somewhere the disc needs modifying?

I had to have the overall diameter of mine lathed down by 3mm to stop the disc rubbing on the caliper, though others havnt had this problem:confused: so i may depend on the manufacture of the discs.

Other than that they fit exactly as you have said (chuffed with how mine stops now)

I had to have the overall diameter of mine lathed down by 3mm to stop the disc rubbing on the caliper, though others havnt had this problem:confused: so i may depend on the manufacture of the discs.

Other than that they fit exactly as you have said (chuffed with how mine stops now)

That's what I thought. I'm sure pollyp had that same problem too.

I'm running n15 almera vented brakes with OMP discs which I I picked up cheap:

5A778D18-0F6F-4E8F-91B1-314E7FC1D699-2446-0000032729C646DC_zps34c0a629.jpg

93BC76B4-DF1C-4856-81FE-41DC7BF3C836-2446-00000327557A3EE4_zpsa4094416.jpg

Back