K11 Coilovers

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Thought we needed a thread like this as everybody wants them and no one can get them.

If we try to keep the garbage to a minimum and then this may be a sticky.

http://www.srbpower.com/g-force/racing-suspension.php

D2-N07 MARCH K11 93~UP

F 5/280 3/168 £616

hopefully this thread will help some people

(please add links to known coilover dealers that do applications for the K11)

(Also any experiences that people have had with them, either company or suspension, good/bad etc)

Anto Modded said:
F 5/280 3/168

What drop front and back is that if u dont mind me asking. Not well up on these things

those are the spring rates front and back. :)

the ride high/adjustment is not mentioned but a tthe top of the page it says that it is as much as -120mm on some models. so it will depend per car etc.

However, i would fairly confidently say that it will be at least -60mm mybe even 80/90 etc all the way up to 120 but 60mm is plenty anyway.

You best bet is to follow the link, find a phone number and ring them up, they will be able to answer all your questions :)

the coilovers i supply are D2 who actually race the march/micra in sprints and rally events,

the spring rates for the D2's are

Front :- 7.0KG's/mm
Rear:- 2.2KG's/mm

the fronts are nice and stiff and offer great grip and traction levels when accelerating looking at the Gforce ones there a fair bit softer so will suffer with more dive when on the brakes making the rear abit more unstable mine goes light when hard on the brakes but there hard enough to keep the back down just..

the rears are as stiff as you would want them you could probable do with them being slightly less stiff but again the Gforce ones are stiffer!

these setups are both stiff! there not for poeple who want a comfey ride the car will rattle a shed load more and will feel every pebble!

the D2's are £699 deliverd oh and there 32 way adjustable on the car dont need to take them off!!

Attachments

• 019pic_small.jpg
    019pic_small.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 570
im not 100% on this but i would search for the HKS hypermax.i think they do them for k11

also avaliable here... http://www.nzkw.com/suspension/kw_suspension.htm

D2 Adjustables

TheiD2 coilover system is a 36 way dampner and rebound adjustable monotube full coilover system. The setup has seperate height and preload adjustments allowing for optimal adjustment and allowing full strut travel at all times along with pillowball upper mounts or top mounts*. Mounts are constructed of 6061 powder coated aluminum. Threads are teflon coated to prevent rust.

Attachments

• D2.gif
    D2.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 742
Rik,

The Hipermax II coilover suspension kits have been engineered to be track ready suspension that is still "streetable". Dampening and rebound can be adjusted simultaneously in 30 different increments to deliver the desired shock compression and rebound stiffness. Ride height is adjusted by simply rotating the 60mm spring retainer perches around the chromed steel shock body. The dual interlocking spring retainer perches prevent spring movement and unwanted ride height changes.
The included anodized aluminum upper pillowball mounts improve traction and steering response while maintaining suspension geometry. Also certain applications offer camber adjustments on the upper pillowball mounts. All HKS Hipermax II coilover suspension kits include all the needed wrenches, adjustment knobs, and miscellaneous hardware for a complete installation and tuning.

Apparently only available for:
HONDA INTEGRA DC2 WWW.NZKW.COM
HONDA INTEGRA DC5 WWW.NZKW.COM
MITSI EVO 7,8 .. .......WWW.NZKW.COM
MITSIiEVO 4,5,6 .... ..WWW.NZKW.COM
NISSAN S14 .............WWW.NZKW.COM
NISSAN S15 .............WWW.NZKW.COM
NISSAN R34 .............WWW.NZKW.COM
SUBARU WRX GC8

lol..i have them so thats wrong.

also theres a company called RSR that do coilovers..worth a try

but i dont think mine are hyper max II....just hypermax

you are right Rik i think yours are the hipermax ones rather than the (II) therefore this would make your ride very very hard...ie track use?

whao...those D2's look sweet....i wouldn't want to put them on the car incase they got dirty :D lol

they should be in a display case with downlighting lol

all the coilovers you are going to get for the marcha re going to be very hard! trust me there not for poeple who want to jsut cruise!

yeah they are hard..but not much worse than my k11 with springs on.

cruising.... whats that? :D

somthing people like to do... iv heard its popular with todays youth!! you need to bring you K12 round dude i want to have alook at it would be nice to see what the HKS stuff is like.

there are lots aout but not many companys list all there kit on the websites.. they only put up the popular stuff..

The k12 350sr has teins on...

e-mail sent to AMY.told them to post in here if they find some :)

yeah byt that wasnt really standard! i bet they were custom built or 350Z ones on the rear atleast i think there are more bits for the K12

Cusco (Cusco Comp-S), Tanabe(Sustec Pro NF and Pro GF) and peace motor store all offer coilovers for the K11 but there pricey..

theres a few other but i cant remember who.

PMS do pretty well in the march cup and i think there still racing there K11.

K11 PMS coliovers are

F100mm R80mm front spring rate is 6???? and rear is 4??? thats all i can work out lol

earnest product do coilovers for the k11 but i have no web address.
Aeroover do a air suspension kit
theres also a company called Electra?

also KYL and el-Sport do dampers for the K11.

Thats excellent thanks so basically there are hundreds of coilovers for K11's lol. goods stuff now just a case of finding them.

I use Leda coilovers will full damper adjustment rate 1 to 24 pt, and ride height of 35mm to 135mm. Not sure if they are still avaible, pretty sure they're not - but always worth an e-mail.

Cheers Rik,

Fixed height:
KYB struts new sr
Nismo/Nismo s tune (Gas adj)
Gab (damp adjust)

Coil over:
Sustec (Tanabe) (Designed for a 'comfortable' ride)
KYB coilover new SR special

Loads of brands of springs available, Nismo, RSR, 5Zigen etc

I have seen nismo coilovers but not very often and bilsteins. I have seen RSR and tein springs but not coilovers.

If I think of any more I'll post them up

hello mister bull.. no there just dampening rate 36 way adjustable there actualy infinatly adjustable between the two load settings but they come with a small device that has 6 partitions so you can aline both turrets hard to explain but work very well.

Just to settle the discussion, check this out:
You know what that green colour means!! TEIN!!

Also you can add RG to your list.

Attachments

• tein k11.jpg
    tein k11.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,718
Perhaps they are discontinued or something, but those shocks are definately Tein and definately k11. I have not seen them before for the K11 either, it is possible that they could be adapted to fit from a similar vehicle?

Yeh TEIN definately do not make any coilovers for the K11 anymore. You can find them floating around every now and again on Yahoo Japan auctions. They do make a set of Super Streets for the K12 though.

Back