K11 clutch cable change

Is it as easy as unhook from gearbox end, then pedal and bulk head. Can it be done without removing too much?

Reason I ask is after changing my clutch I have run out of adjustment, I think because the cable has stretched so much over the last 15 years.
Would like to change it for peace of mind. Any help as always is appreciated

Cheers
Matt

yes matt, very easy, i always set my g/box end so that i can just about unhook it without having to slacken it, then you reach up to the top of the pedal and flick the end off the hook :)

Nice one, I think I'll get it done. Could I do it without jacking up to get underneath? The micra is at my house now so just At the road side.

Can it all be done inside the car and engine bay.

Thanks for the help frank.

No need to get underneath, however it seems strange that a new clutch means the cable is now too long, normally as the clutch wears it needs a little slack put in the cable.

Roger

No need to get underneath, however it seems strange that a new clutch means the cable is now too long, normally as the clutch wears it needs a little slack put in the cable.

Roger

True it does seem a bit strange but the old clutch and release bearing were truly shagged and because of that i believe it must have stretched the cable loads. A new one is fairly cheap anyway so will just do it for piece of mind. Cheers for clearing up about getting under the car.

Matt

Unless I've got something mounted wrong I have completely run out of adjustment, although I've just thought I may be able to get more on the pedal as I set it for the correct height by Haynes. If I wind the adjustment bolt right in (lowering the clutch pedal height) that should tighten it up. Or am I talking crap?

Back