• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

k10 engine modifications help?

hello everyone
new to all this , i hope im posting in the correct area, i have a k10 which is my new project car, i am looking for some help, my k10 is a 92 shell, but the engine is out of an 88, probably no different? anyways to begin my car i want to start with the engine, i want to have my engine putting out at least 100bhp , idealy more, but saying that i would like to keep it all safe as in i dont want to blow the engine so i thought this was the best place to start, considering i want to work on the rest of the car, i would hope to spend no more than 450 euro on the engine, maybe im being mad at that money, could you help me along?

thanks lads

Hi padraic , a skimmed head and a lightened flywheel , 4 branch manifold , decat pipe ( straight through exhaust ) and lightening the shell to f**ck would make a huge difference , advance the timing clean out the carb , maybe 1.2 injectors aswell. Hope that helps lad :)

thanks,that helps, but 1.2 injectors? only thing i can think of is putting jetts with bigger holes into my carburater , i was hoping to get the carb outa a car round the same age that has bigger holes in the jetts and swap them , or if i fail i have the means of drilling the jetts, has anyone put a mechanical turbo onto their non turbo 1 litre? would it work if i convert my carb to a blow through carb in order to build in a turbo?

100 bhp is not easy with these as they are about 55/65 bhp. As said lightened flywheel 4 branch exhaust manifold and free flowing exhaust. Bike carbs are cheap option if you can do some fabrication your self. Or SU carb maybe. You can do more like cam shaft, head work, playing with skimming but then it gets more expensive so you could strip it out which is free.

by far the best mods on a k10 for more power is fit a cg13 engine, but theres a bit of work to do, if you cant do that get a good 4 branch manifold and a custom inlet manifold for the stock carb, do not interfere with the carb it will run like crap, the stock carb is very capable, also it wont add any bhp but gives a real improvement in acceleration is a lightened flywheel

Back