K10 Auto Box Removel

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Hi dudes, I’m in the process of breaking up a 1.2 GS Auto at the moment. I'll be removing the engine and gearbox on sat, I’ve not removed an auto box before so I’m not 100% sure what needs to be removed to separate it from the engine. I also can't seem to find the drain plug for the gear oil, where is it? I don't need the box for anything but I don't want to damage it because it's a bloody lovely smooth box, so any tips or info would be appreciated.
Cheers. (Y)

Ok so it's not just a case of unbolting it from the engine and jiggling it off like with the manual? Sounds like it might be easier to drop them both out together and seperate them when out of the car.

Ha Ha well Ed helped me get it into the back of the fiesta using his engine crane. The one I had available is now not available for about a week and Mrs needs it out :D

So........back to original question, is it do-able without covering car in oil'?

Ha Ha well Ed helped me get it into the back of the fiesta using his engine crane. The one I had available is now not available for about a week and Mrs needs it out :D

So........back to original question, is it do-able without covering car in oil'?

you should be able to tip it forwards 45deg no probs balloo :grinning:

Just pull it out of there and do it on the ground or on a workbench. I've had a bottle of oil leak it's contents all over my boot before and it was a total cowbag to clean up. I had to pull out the carpet and wash it 3 times and it never did come clean again, i replaced it a year or so after that. I also had to wash the floor of my car with wd40 and a hell of a lot of rags, nightmare...
Ever since then i have never used that brand of oil again, the smell of it makes me gipp :sick:

Job Done

Well i got the gearbox and engine out today and separated them out of the car. The box came off much more easily than most of the manuals i've removed before, which was a nice supprise :grinning:

Everything else related to the auto box came off without a fight but there was just one balls up. I forgot that the torque converter was filled with gear oil when i plucked it off and consiquently it poured out onto the drive and made a nice mess for me. :glare:

So all that's left to do with the box is clean it up and stick it on EvilBay, then i can get on with cleaning up and painting the ma12. Happy days. (Y)

Back