Just signed for my 'new' car!

ahh :)
its just that mine cruised lovely with the 175/70/13 baloon tyres on, and the speedo tallied with the roadside speed indicators (tho my milometer under-read a good 10%)
and i miss that higher gearing now that my 165/60/14,s are back on :(

Agree Frank, most modern cars are set to over-display the speed both because it is regulated that a manufacturer CANNOT sell a car that under-displays the speed on pain of death. It would be cool to run a larger tyre so that the dial displayed the sat-nav speed but I suspect the actual mileage recorded is tied to the deliberately over reading speedo displayed speed. It would be interesting to test it on a track with a proper speed/distance sensor setup to see which was correct :confused:.

Finally decided on alloys. I'm going for 16" Enzo H's with 205/50 tyres.

Alloys:
ENZO_H.jpg

What the 16's look like on a car - random internet pic :):

enzoh.jpg

Hmmm, think I prefer the Rota's if I'm honest, those look like the cheap alloys people put on their car to say they have alloys, but I'm sure they'll look sick with some low-profile tyres and slammage. and if you like them then thats what counts.

I know what you're saying, they do look kinda generic, but I think they'll look good on a K12 :). If I do get them, they're gonna run me nearly £800 so they betta do!

One place does em in 'Steel grey' which is like a darker silver and sounds cool. These are the silver ones:

rota_silver.jpg

Have you got a link to these back boxes?

A remap is supposed to increase bhp to c. 112. But you hear some horror stories with remaps which puts you off. I'd love a cheap and safe way to more power;)

hiya, yeah i had a 60reg one from new! very good little car,
managed to get nearly 600miles to a tank of diesel a few times!

DSC09338.jpg

20032011423.jpg

my new 59reg acenta one is nearly out of warranty so got some engine mods lined up.

turbo back exhaust and remap :)

should get 105-115bhp and about 200lbft!

i wouldnt start modifing it untill the warranty has finished tho!

the gearstick gator surround breaks and comes off,

the biggest problem with the visia i found is the seats! lol they are just flat foam boards lol.

overall nice car tho :) hope you enjoy it

Back