Just signed for my 'new' car!

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Going to pick it up later in the week hopefully :). 86hp '09 plate Visia dCI. Quite basic so no air-con weight :). Only got 9,700 on the clock so more or less new. Gotta slam it and find some alloys now :). Awesom-ist* thing is it can average 65mpg so saving me over £700 a year in fuel!

k12_diesel.png

* Ok, so I invented that word :D.

I think it's on it's last legs to be honest Seb :(. it's drinking oil and the misfire's back so I think it needs a valve stem replacing or something else. Not all bad though, I've no intention of scrapping it yet. Would be a good project for someone here to but and take the engine apart for a good look :). Would be cheap too, would only want £4-500 for it if someone on here wanted it. I've just got in from a 100 mile trip and do a 54 mile trip everyday - it's not dead yet :).

I think it's on it's last legs to be honest Seb :(. it's drinking oil and the misfire's back so I think it needs a valve stem replacing or something else. Not all bad though, I've no intention of scrapping it yet. Would be a good project for someone here to but and take the engine apart for a good look :). Would be cheap too, would only want £4-500 for it if someone on here wanted it. I've just got in from a 100 mile trip and do a 54 mile trip everyday - it's not dead yet :).

How much you want for it?

I'd probably sell if for £400 to someone from the club. Catalytic converter system is new as are the shocks (KYB Excel-G) and drop-links. One tyre has a nail but all 4 have around 5mm of tread - all tyres are Toyo Proxes T1-R. There's a full size alloy with brand new tyre inside and remember it's a two seater now :). Al tyres are Toyo Proxes T1-R.

It's taxed and tested to the end of the month :). It's perfectly drivable. Misfire is only occasional and for a minute or so when the car's been standing a while. Might need some time to get reg transferred.

Let me see how fast I can get the reg transferred. I'll MOT it if needed. It's drinking about half a pint of coolant a month but I've got a new Nissan thermostat and QH waterpump that'll come with the car.

Damn, just remembered, discs and pads are new Nissan ones as well :mad: :D.

Cheers Daren. Quite looking forward to getting the new one. The Renault/Nissan 1.5 has a pretty decent rep and the economy figures are astonishing. I guess I've gone over to the oily side, MU HA HA HA :).

Just worked out that 185/55 15" are only 0.67% different from the standard 14" tyres - better start looking :).

If you weren't selling to a club member I'd have reccomended swapping the SR kit over onto the new one. Really don't like the look non sport-kit micras but I suppose you're getting it for the economy so it doesn't matter how it looks really.

I know what you mean about K12's being a moneypit, mine doesn't seem to go a month without something breaking, had to drive home today with my hazards on as the bloody things wouldn't switch the hell off. Got home, took the keys out to open my gate and they stopped *sigh*

I bought it more as a challenge than for the economy (although that's a huge bonus). It's quite a basic model so it's like a blank canvas. Already looking at Rota Grids for it and would mind finding an SR style spoiler for it too :).

Edit: Ha, ha, posted at the same time - great minds think alike!

rota_grid_gloss_black.jpg

I'd say strip it, slam it, blaaaaaack everything, maybe pre-face it?

I'd say space-size turbo but from what I've seen on here, and heard from others, the renault diesels have a love of dying.

Lowering it on black Grids is the first plan I reckon. Don't want to mess with the engine yet as they have a very good reputation as they are. Wouldn't say no to chipping it though in the future - another 15hp and 40 ft/lbs of torque!

They're a very subtle bronze, admit that particular pic looks a bit dark silver :confused:.

I know what you mean but I want to keep the mileage and clocks accurate and 185/55 15 are spot on. Smaller wheels equals bigger slammage remember..

I'd agree I think 16's are just right with the K12. Although the Nissan Sport+ alloys aren't the best looking things in the world and there's too much archgap as stock. Alas, no monies to lower mine :(

I think you're going to go in the right direction though Guy, just make sure it's minimalist (which blaaack is the right colour for I must say!) How much power do the 1.5 dci's come with standard?

Only 84? Thought it would have been higher than that! The 1.4 in my Sport+ is on paper 86bhp and i think something like 114ft/lb of torque (that's off the top of my head though)

Picking it up on Saturday morning with a mate. Going to order 4 flat black Rota Grid with Toyo Proxes T1-R in 205/55 15 (courtesy of the police credit union :D). Can't wait!

Welcome to the world of DCi ownership Guy! ;)

The only difference is for some odd reason my DCi isn't actually a Renault engine, mines a Nissan YD22DTi! lol

Cheers James, I'll just have to remember it's the black pump now, not the green one :eek: :D.

Wish I could, it should be possible to attach a laptop to a car and reset the rolling diameter. The 205/55 tyres on 15's are surprisingly chunky. Should really help fill the arches. FYI, I'm still doing 60 miles a day in your car and it's running sweet as :).

I'm sure you could find the right rim and tyre size to match the stick diameter.
Maybe I'm just trying to force you my idea of ideal k12. Lol
That's great New. Hope it's still all good

Mate's on his way now. Should be home with it by midday :).

Right, Rota grid aren't available in silver with the right offset so how about these?

cades_eros.png

Aaarcgh, this is doing my noggin in. 205/50 16 are almost the perfect size :confused: :D.

Right, I'm off out to photograph some fungus at the local woods (don't ask - weird hobby): Going for these (possibly :D):

16_rota_grid_steel.png

Also liking these:

zito_z575.png

And Calibre Eclipse (because they're mad as fook :D ):

calibre_eclipse.png

Can anyone help a poor confused idiot :confused: ?

All I know Frank is that 175/65 15" is within a knat's crotchet of 205/50 16" so speedo and mileage will stay pretty much spot on. The gearing is nice with this diameter, not as quick as the SR but nice and torquey all the same :). If I ever chip it (86->115 hp and 200->245nm torque), it'll be awesome (if still slightly malodorous if you happen to be following me :D ).

Back