my ST goes to a new home

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
hey fellas,

my ST sold this morning, bittersweet to see it go! lots of work put in and turned it from an imported bucket of bolts into a pretty sweet car

the new owner signed up on here i'm pretty sure so hopefully you'll see the car around for a while yet

i've gotta go buy something with more space in the boot!

thanks for all your help and advice!

hey fellas,

my ST sold this morning, bittersweet to see it go! lots of work put in and turned it from an imported bucket of bolts into a pretty sweet car

the new owner signed up on here i'm pretty sure so hopefully you'll see the car around for a while yet

i've gotta go buy something with more space in the boot!

thanks for all your help and advice!

Awww thats a shame but on to bigger and better things i suppose,
Good Luck! (Y)

thanks smidge, haven't really got to know the car yet (I'm sure it will take a while), but we're very happy with how you've maintained it. All we've confirmed so far is that it chirps second and does good skids.

For now our only plan is to give it a service and check over, chuck it on the dyno to check everything out. In a month or 2 we'll sort out a remap/tune for it (as you said it runs super rich on boost) and do the timing belt but that will do it for now.

as for it's longer future....we are far from deciding yet...but we will either keep it standard/return it to stock in a couple of years, or run it in under 1600cc improved production racing. But that's a long way off yet

No doubt I'll have plenty of questions on here, I'm pretty familiar with nissans from the period (I race a skyline GTR in circuit stuff and targa tasmania down here), but its been a long time since I owned anything fwd....and it took a pretty special one to turn us to the dark side :p

thanks smidge, haven't really got to know the car yet (I'm sure it will take a while), but we're very happy with how you've maintained it. All we've confirmed so far is that it chirps second and does good skids.

For now our only plan is to give it a service and check over, chuck it on the dyno to check everything out. In a month or 2 we'll sort out a remap/tune for it (as you said it runs super rich on boost) and do the timing belt but that will do it for now.

as for it's longer future....we are far from deciding yet...but we will either keep it standard/return it to stock in a couple of years, or run it in under 1600cc improved production racing. But that's a long way off yet

No doubt I'll have plenty of questions on here, I'm pretty familiar with nissans from the period (I race a skyline GTR in circuit stuff and targa tasmania down here), but its been a long time since I owned anything fwd....and it took a pretty special one to turn us to the dark side :p
Haha welcome along to the club, it seems like the car went to someone with just as much passion for Nissans as smidge! :)

Look forward to seeing the ST on here for a long time to come :)

smidge, stick around, we all enjoy your Mighty Mods episodes so keep us up to date on those etc, but I hope you've enjoyed your time here! :)

James.

Haha welcome along to the club, it seems like the car went to someone with just as much passion for Nissans as smidge! :)

thanks James...I think it might be a sickness not just a simple passion...I've now got 6 nissans (this is by far the most unusual). Navara for lugging ####, a stagea for moving the kids around (moves pretty good it runs 250awkw), a 350z for the wife to hoon in and 2 gtr race cars (1 production car, 1 sports sedan).

but the March is by far the most unique of them, will be interesting to see how it goes.

yeah i guess i better post up in the intros forum like it says...anyway the stagea is coming back with some changes next week so i might post up pics then.

nissan made some amazing cars in the late 80s and thru the 90s

they certainly did!

Thanks for the kind words James, i'll be sure to post up any new episodes up here as per usual and share the ST knowledge i've got

i'm stoked my car went to a true car enthusiast! (please don't let it eat a tyre wall on its first outing, or if it does... just don't tell me about it eh? :) Seeya next week for the rest of the spares

haha no she lets me drive the others. and the 350 sometimes when I'm lucky.

the st did ok at the track today although the supercharger does stuff all in that sort of use....pretty much stayed over 5000rpm all session. However...the rear wheels are a little wide (or the wheel offset's not quite right) and the tyre rubs on the guard under big loads so I had to back right off for corners...which in turn cooked the brakes. Without the rubbing I think I'll be very impressed with it's cornering...the light weight makes it soooo easy to chuck through corners.

track-super-turbo.jpg

here it is on the straight at oran park in sydney....its closing down and being replaced by houses at the end of the year :(

Nice pics man, yeah if the offset is right you need a 195/45 15 on the back so that it does'nt rub(Y)

And seb, st in front of Bmw . . .easily done(Y)

ahh well they are right size tyres then which means the wrong offset wheels. they only just rub so 5mm would make the difference.

now I just need to find some spacers that are -5mm wide :( or new wheels. or smaller tyres ugh.

Welcome Duncan! Congratulations on the purchase of the ST. If any front wheel drive is likely to convert you it's this one :p

You have a nice collection of nissans there, I'm also jealous of the stagea, great cars.

Stay in Touch Marty!!

Can't say i pushed it hard enough to make it rub although it did do it sometimes on steep down hill sharp turns

lipping the guards solved the problems for day to day driving for me

shame about the offset, those rims fit a daihatsu cuore which is probably one of THE hardest cars to get wheels onto so i assumed they'd be okay!

best of luck with it

thanks snikty...I've definately got no issue with fwd cars though...if s1600 rally cars, btcc and wtcc cars don't demonstrate it well enough, I started my racing in a fwd too, the mighty daewoo lanos (there was a 1 make series here in aus). It was a great place to start racing it really taught the value of corner speed and making the most of limited power.

marty, I'm 99% sure we'll keep those wheels and tyres, they look good and grip well. might buy a second set with a different offset and run some semi slick or slick tyres on them for track days....race tyres (and even wheels for that matter) are so damn cheap in 195/15 :D I have to pay $630 per tyre for the skyline race tyres

Back