Just purchased a 54 1.2 S micra for my wifes first car

Hi all,

just purchased a 54 plate K12 micra 1.2 S for my wifes first car, although i will be using it until she passes her test and we get a second car.

we got it for £900 which is an absolute bargain imo for the condition and milage of 47k

few small issues i would like some advice on if possible.

the rear wiper is missing its arm which is an easy fix but the electrical connection to the motor has a plastic clip snapped off so it wont stay on (i did hold it on to try and the motor works fine but i cant find just the plastic adapter without buying the motor too.

the radio is currently locked (wait 1H) as they disconnected the battery as it has just had 2 new headlights installed and they dont have the code (it has a sticker on the back with a code but im waiting until tomorow to try it) i got the radio out but one of the screws was rusted so it took a bit of hacking away at the plastic to get it off.

the wing-mirror is attached but loose (secured with tape) so that needs replacing but at £10 i cant complain too much for that.

any tips for a new and first micra owner would be grateful, at the moment shes looking at getting a replacement radio if the code doesnt work (and so she can connect her iphone)

Super glue the connector in. Just a little dot so you can remove it in future if you ever need to.

Only tip i can offer is oil and filter change regularly.

If you were going for a new radio, would you be going for another Nissan one or an aftermarket one? I just bought one, got the code and everything, but fancy a new one and with the awkward shaping of it, seems to be a weird one.

Would I need a new fascia for it?

If you were going for a new radio, would you be going for another Nissan one or an aftermarket one? I just bought one, got the code and everything, but fancy a new one and with the awkward shaping of it, seems to be a weird one.

Would I need a new fascia for it?
start your own thread and find out :) someone will help you out.

Hi all,

the radio is currently locked (wait 1H) as they disconnected the battery as it has just had 2 new headlights installed and they dont have the code (it has a sticker on the back with a code but im waiting until tomorow to try it) i got the radio out but one of the screws was rusted so it took a bit of hacking away at the plastic to get it off.

the wing-mirror is attached but loose (secured with tape) so that needs replacing but at £10 i cant complain too much for that.

any tips for a new and first micra owner would be grateful, at the moment shes looking at getting a replacement radio if the code doesnt work (and so she can connect her iphone)

I was just asking about a compatible stereo myself, though I am yet to get one, check this:
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/recommended-stereo-radio-for-k12-03.64650/

Back