Just had my car up to 80mph.

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Basically on the (PRIVATE ROAD) I was just driving along at 70, decided to pass this golf(I had to be in the right hand lane anyway by the PRIVATE ROAD ROUNDABOUT) so as I got up to 80 I was at that for a bit and the steering wheel was wobbling, not just that the car started to give out this god awful smell.

Any ideas? Other than don't go upto 80mph in a Micra :)

Oh! Ofcourse, my dad said he needed to check the tyre pressures as they were a bit flat haha, forgot about that.

Umm, what about the smell any ideas?

OH #### ofcourse, my dad said he needed to check the tyre pressures as they were a bit flat haha, f*ck forgot about that.

Umm, what about the smell any ideas?

had similar problems with my car on the private road dunno if it was the same private road but yeah got all my tyres inflated balanced and got tracking done now 80mph on a private road is smooth(ish) and that smell is probably the car melting :p

if it was an egg smell its definatly a bad cat.

what was the smell like?

could have been the car in front

cant beat private roads lol

SOrted my tyre pressures.
THe smell was funky I think its my primera aie box melting a tiny bit. I moved it and seems fine now.

^ lol

different smells are easy to distinguish but usually only after something has gone wrong lol.

Please do not swear filter evade
Terribly sorry but I didn't realise there was a "swear filter" I was simply filtering it myself hence why I used an *

Just been driving round Darlington with my Mum, haven't done 80 again as I decided not to take the private road route home.

Anyway! After getting my tyre pressures back to what it says in the Micra manual I've noticed the handling is slightly better and no more wobble, so I think that's sorted.

Also no more smell, I think it was the air box melting slightly due to it touching some other engine components because it's so much bigger than the Micra one.

So I'm gonna sort something out for the airbox tomorrow, maybe relocate it or something.

How have you guys positioned the Primera air box in the past if any of you also used one.

Back