Rattle my bones and break my back. Had to much fun at the go-cart track!

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
The the day started as planned, 9am people started to turn up.
Thanks everyone who did, good on you Makes for fighting thru your illness and showing up.
Well it seems to me that the slow ones on the road are the dark horses on the track. Both Lee(rocket) and Makes surprised us all i think by taking the lead early on.
Chris's(Snoopy) mate Brendon was a fast starter also.
Later on we were joined by Chris(GTRHOLIC)which was cool.
The day was full of stories, and laughs and even a hail storm just to cool us all down after a day on the track. Its a hard transition going from a go-kart to a micra again which a few of us found out when we were leaving, that first corner was a doozy, yes i had a wagging tail:( but no damage:D

everyone showed improvement and i had an absolute ball.

thanx everyone.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I share matty's thoughts when I say that it was a fantastic day. And I know did because I'm absolutely pooped and my shoulderblades are KILLING me.

I think I managed to correct the underslide on that corner about 30cm from the gutter matty! lol ****e that gave me a fright.

Yes the hail scare was pretty nasty, I took another few thousand k's off the life of my clutch and tyres in the maccas carpark while making a very fast beeline for the sheltered drivethrough. hehe I never used to be like that. Bloody micras. :p

And yes what suprises on the day! rocket and makes absolutely flying! rocket was keeping up with the big torquey twin motor cart!!! Crazy. Although I think they had a fair bit more previous experience.

Fantastic day and we need to do it again later this year. Totally awesome.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Great day, thanks to all that turned up. Good to see that everyone improved though out the day (although my drifting technique was the only thing to really improve for me :p). Had an absolute blast we will have to do it again in the next couple of months.

Today gave me some inspiration to try an organise a gold coast cruise, maybe head up to best of all look out or o'reilly's, then go bowling after.

Thanks again to all, very enjoyable day (forgive any spelling mistakes as I've has a few beams to help my acking body, so sore, but so much fun)

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
Some fotos i've pulled from the atrocious video.
hahahaha sorry mate but its the truth and you know it:p
lol

Attachments

• 17632.jpg
    17632.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 28

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Roger that It was a great day out on the track today. I had got some good scratches and marks from some good stacks on the track but I had a great day, hope that you guys had fun with the last track race that i missed, it was great to see you all again and will have to organise a qld raceway day next i reckon. Go pics there buddy how about some video? Great to see some old and new faces there for the day and sorry to hear about the hail storm.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh that last run was awesome!

Very, very quick.

I'd also like to point out that as a whole I think the micra.com.au boys did pretty well time wise. Even snoopy who seemed preoccupied with drifting lol. Heaps of fun. Definately have to do it again.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Okay the morning after.

Oh my. My neck and legs are fine but I'm having extreme difficulties moving my everything else. lol even a yawn is hurting my chest.

haha man i'm unfit

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
I also had an excellent time yesterday !. Thanks to NoJammin for his great suggestion to go kart racing and everyone that attended for making this event so enjoyable.

GoKart racing is fun but hard work... I have quite a few bruises today but it was worth it !.

For the record everyone's fastest lap times were as follows ;

Rocket - 55:887 (Living up to his name.. very fast !)
Brendon - 58.008
Makes - 58.225
Yom - 58.959
No Jammin - 1.00.959
GTRHolic - 1.01.182
Snoopy - 1.01.215

Myself and Rocket have had some prior karting experience.... but considering most of us had never really been in a Kart before everyone did really well. Snoopy could have easily had a faster lap time but he was having too much fun going sideways....

Thanks again to GTRHolic who let me drive his Micra yesterday... what an awesome little machine !.

Back