just got GIVEN a k10 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i was chatting to this guy yesterday and in the end he gave me his black K10 colette!

oviously it doesn't run, the timing belt has gone but it was lots of fun driving it round the car park on the starter motor lol

i'm really starting to like the K10s now, i might have to by a decent one,

this K10 is getting a V6 in the back from an old rover i have lying around, just for a bit of fun :)

so is the Colette any good?

what is the best k10 apart from the March ST of course ;)

Lol nice one!!! Super S is always a fave. GSX was the highest spec model I believe, had all the mod cons etc. Collette's are the pre-facelift ones but had a few extrras too I think. :) Keep us updated with how you get on with it. :)

SLX was actually the highest spec model below Super S. Semi body-coloured bumpers and some even had colour coded mirrors and Super S dials.

GSX had semi colour coded bumpers too. Also had intermittant wipers, clock in the dials and a few other features.

hmmm i'll have to keep my eyes out for the slx,glx and super s then :)

am i right in saying it's an MA12 in there?

won't be for much longer :devil:

did they ever make a K10 with electric windows or central locking?

they are so old skool!!

id go with dan and say my GSX had better features over all over my SLX.
but the super S for driving cofort and style is non to be compared with.
without a doubt a very very nice car

still toyyed weather to keep me super S or selll :(

doesnt matter. the super S has a feel to it. u can make another car up with all the super S bits. but there is just summit about the driveability of the super S that just is a very soft comfy drive.

dont know what it is just the whole car even the shell feels alot softer to you. you feel more comfortable in them.

irresistable almost

well worth the money if you ever can get hold of one

ive had the pleasure of having 2. both very nice. shame about one of the shells on one of them.
but the one i have at the moment as soon as it is past its mot is being drove for a while. whilst i sort the white one out. with the new engine full respray etc and new interior so on

any pics of the super s?

how much would a super s go for?

quickdraw said:
plus arnold has done a LOT to that car
That's exactly my point. A car is only as good as the effort you put into it. If you bought a Super S and treated it like crap, there is no doubt it would be worse than say a 1.2L.

I just find it hard to understand why people just say "the Super S is the only one to look for". You of all people should know this isn't true wayne, your beast is an LS itself!

Just my £0.02

yes but my beast is FAR from a standard K10. WHICH is what when your outlooking is what uyr looking at.
iof you say go out there and look for a highly modded k10 o_O you will be there for ever.lol

regarding STANDARD cars. when lookign for a k10. the super S is without a doubt the one to look for. period

don't suppose anyone has an ST for say £50 o_O

hmmm i think i'll finnish my K11 before i start on a K10,

unless my V6K10 project goes ok..

Haven't seen Arnold's L then?

yeah but he has done a lot of work to make it like a Super S

why make a super s look-a-like when you can just buy a super s? not dissin arnold at all as he probubly has put a lot of effort in the car.

but still the super s is the one to look for, I waited and bought mine cause I knew it would be worth it

any pics of the super s?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/mark_love/DSCI0007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/mark_love/DSCI0061.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/mark_love/DSCI0005.jpg

Editted by Mike : Picture are too big

Yeah but you sold it! :upside:

I still don't quite understand why you sold that one, the black ones are the best imo

21-back.JPG

28-drivers%20door.JPG

http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/19-Picture%20048.jpg

http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/15-Picture%20049.jpg

Editted by Mike : Picture way too big
a few more of the spectacular motors :p

i want this aswell though

12-machi3.jpg

17-machinai2.jpg

As for the "did any micras ever come with central locking or electric windows?"
I dont think any ever came with electric windows but i know of a ST that had them put in. I also know of an 1985 Micra Turbo with central locking. duno if it was put in or if it was original tho, i assume it was original....

RE: RE: just got GIVEN a k10 :)

Slim said:
what i want to know is, since when did rover ever do a V6?

i can't remember what it is but i think it's a 400,

it's an ex police car and VERY fast. brought it for £150 and drove it straight into a wall. the guy who sold it to me forgot to say that the brakes needed bleeding.

they did a V8 too that ended up in the ford granarda i beleve,

i suppose all the mod cons came in at the same time as the K11...

you get alot more for your money with the super s!! look at all that trim on the doors and those bucket seats, yea a super s is the one for me :)

I see wayne is already posting pictures I sent him :p

You can get Land Rover V6's over here (USA), saw a Disco V6 the other day so Rover must have had them at some point.

well it could be a honda engine, but i call it the rover engine because it comes out of the rover :)

the real problem will be linking the gear lever linkage from the back.

and keeping the rear wheels facing forward....

o_O. nop just drop the pin and reverse it. only difference would be gears back to front. ie first is bottom left

Attachments

• P7220457.JPG
    P7220457.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 203
  • P7220460.JPG
    P7220460.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 183
  • P7220461.JPG
    P7220461.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 136
  • P7220463.JPG
    P7220463.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 155
  • P7220467.JPG
    P7220467.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 164
  • P7220468.JPG
    P7220468.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 172
  • P7220469.JPG
    P7220469.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 180
  • P7220474.JPG
    P7220474.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 186
  • P7220484.JPG
    P7220484.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 172
yea i don't want to do that really...

i have come up with a long complicated way of doing it which might work

it has to be this sort of shape:

___ _____________
|_____ |
|_____|

Hmmm

wont work:p
or at least if it comes ne were near working will snap within days.
when doing the gearlinkage arms it is vital that u use 45 ° angles rather than 90° angles otherwise they will force tension and cause it to snap. thus why 2x 45° is much better way of doing this. and the way i did my ga16 conversion gerlinkage to m,ove it over around 1-2 "

Right, nice to see my car's being talked about!

I dont want my car looking completely like a super s.. i dont like the super s spoilers / steering wheel / alloys and a couple of other things.

After the march ST, the next best model is the March Turbo, not the Super S... Decent Kit, Digital Dials, Nice seats & obviously the turbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back