just got a k11

1.0supa

as above,

i got given a free k11 k plate 1.0 L 5 door in red today, my last car was a k plate 1.0 k10

is there anything i need to check or look out for on the k11? it has a 1 litre 16v twincam engine, dus this use a timing belt or chain?

please add what u think as im semi new to nissan

Welcome to the club

The K11 engines use a chain.

Have a search around to get some advice. Look for threads similar to "buying a car, what should i look for" type queries, you'l bound to find something

Well the K11 weak points are the sills, front cross member and in some cases the arches for rust. Make sure these are all structually sound.

The K11 is prone to having dodgy throttle bodies which can just randomly die from time to time, but nothing major.

The K11 CG10 engine (which you have) is around 55BHP (off the top of my head) and has a timing chain. The timing chain is under the the cam chain cover on the LH side of the engine (above the alternator).

Any more you need to know ask away....and Please post Pics!!

thanks all for clearing that up, ill try and get sum pics at the weekend and post em up,

gave the car a good polish and hoover 2day, came up well altho the front drivers wing has started to rust and theres a slight rust bubble on the rear drivers quater panel, nothing major i cant fix myself so not botherd,

once again thanks for the welcome and quick replys

Back