Japanese Performance

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Picked up a copy of the Japanese Performance magazine today, to my suprise I spotted Raceworx's 2 litre Micra in there.

Article
Ian Cantrell's Micra 2.0-litre
Ian has been working on an engine transplant - installing an SR20DE into a Nissan Micra (K11). The engine comes from an Almera GTi and includes head mods (making about 150-160bhp, claims Ian), together with a custom-built radiator and electric water pump.
'As far as I'm aware, it will be the only one of it's kind on the road. A lot of people have shown interest in the project,' says Ian.
Mods include a front splitter(Laguna), side skirts, Nissan rear wing, modified rear bumper with aluminium diffuser, 14" NISMO wheels, Tein suspension (soon to be replaced with D2 coilovers), Whiteline anti-roll bars, castor kit and roll-cage.
We reckon this is a really interesting project. Get in touch again, Ian, when you've got the car on the road.

Just thought I'd copy it out for anybody interested in reading it.

cheers dude. i dont like the way they say "claims Ian" and "says Ian" it will be about 150BHP and there has been alot of intrest in it lol

but they might want a full feature.. and ill appologise to the other 2.0 micra owners as i wrote that before i realised there were others on the road :D

depends what model the almera GTi is "aparently" 140 BHP but i dont see how the same ECU cams and engine loose 10BHP over time.. and even if it is in slightly different mapping i have a Sunny GTi-R ECU anyway

mm they always seem to be a bit reluctant to write thing's. Its very annoying when you have spent time and money on a car from them to make out you are lying. My supra was featured not so long ago in a mag and it was a simelar situation. They made out that 700bhp was easily achievable, they forgot to mention the 100's of hours that went into it and just concentrated on how unruly it was on the road, which isnt the case unless you plant the loud pedal. some people eh.

hey driftworx.. i think they added that as they just copied and pasted my e-mail pritty much :S

feels odd writing driftworx as that used to be mny on screen name for pritty much everything :p

Back