Janspeed Exhaust System

hi mathew

janspeed do a 2nd decat, so i believe it,s catback only, a stock 1.4 midpipe (catless) is an option

It must be a Cat back as that pipe isnt long enough to take out the cat and also not for that price

CATback + backbox only

It must be a Cat back as that pipe isnt long enough to take out the cat and also not for that price

CATback + backbox only

agreed! that pipe isnt long enuf

you can buy janspeed decats at a reasonable price mate. were you from? mebs ther is someone local with this system fited that won't mind you havin a look and wot k11 you got facelift or pre-facelift

Hi since this post is open can I ask a question(s)?

I've been reading about these janspeed exhausts and I would like to fit one, when I fit my 1.3l engine in the K11. However I’ve been reading about emission failures, and it not having the catalyst after the manifold, and only having the one under the car. Or is there a janspeed exhaust that has both cats? Or a cat you can buy to fit in with the janspeed system? I'm very confused I don’t want my car to fail its MOT when it next goes in, if the exhaust and that is in by then.

Any help, anyone can give will be great thanks.

Ben.

they usually just scrape through the emissions with the 2nd cat only ben (IF you can get/keep it hot enough) :)

Ok since ive joined this forum ive done my research into a ecu map, so know what that is in a nut shell, however i havnt heard the term heatwrap before.

Thanks frank,

Ben.

Hm ok then and now I know after more reading that a warm cat (which it should be when tested) is more likely to pass the emissions test.

Thanks frank cleared things up for me a little bit, ok a hypothetical scenario, which I do want to happen eventually. My car micra 1.0l K11 1998, upgrade the engine to a 1.3l from a S/SR, and I will find one that’s younger with less miles, an steal the gear box (as backup what ever, I just feel I want it to match, lol maybe I have a little OCD), from scrap. Install this re-built and a janspeed exhaust at the same time, heat wrapped maybe ceramic painted, best I can afford induction kit, and boost valve. In you personal experience what are my chances of scraping through the MOT. (an im not sure on the boost valve, seems ill need to get an ECU remap, which is what i want in the long run, before the boost valve is useable without drinking loads of fuel, not sure about all this yet)

I know I ask a lot of questions, but I've just been on a thread, an forgive me I forget his/her name, who said fact is best to help things be clear etc, I'm the sort of person who likes clarity, especially when learning new skills.

Thanks a lot frank, I'm enjoying quizzing you lol :p.

Ben.

the g/box, clutch, shafts etc on the 1.0,s changed in 98 eh, which can complicate things for you ben, but my spare pre98 1.0 g/box remains unused, (and i,ve ragged the original one for 46k miles so far) :wasntme:

Lol and now thats more hasstle, so anything out of a year 00 will cause issues, so maybe just stick to 98 and hope i get lucky an find a right off with engine an gear box in tact with less mileage than mine, though mine isnt to bad 71k so far. Very confused the more i read, the more things i can do etc, going mad lol.

Thanks Frank,

Ben.

Back