it wont start!

Stani1029

Club Member
hey there, after just fully rebuilding my engine and fitting it etc i cant get it to start! have just bought a brand new battery as my one was goosed and still it wont, when i turn it over it begins to run, get to about 400rpm and then drops back down again, i did notice that the battery i bought was 330amps rather than the 375amp one that i took out, could this be the problem??

No battery will be fine, you have a problem else where.

can you give me any suggestions??? im totally lost as it really should start :p i do know that the sunroof lets water in and it was raining yesterday but tried it this morning and still the same, could the elctrice be knackered?? thanks

It really could be anything, you have to try all the basics first, is it getting fuel, is it getting spark is it flooded etc etc etc.

It should run for a little bit and rule out ignition / timing issues. I think.

It will nail it down to a fuelling problem though!

Seems to be a common mistake that fits your problem, fuel pipes round the correct way? Also check all connections and check for spark from the ht leads, also are they in the correct order?

ok ive had a look and a smell and have now realised petrol is getting into the oil cause when i took the rocker off it stinks of v-power, ive just replaced the stem seals and piston rings when i rebuilt the engine, whats went wrong?? thanks :glare:

i didnt check the dipstick, i know for a fact that theres petrol in the oil because of the smell and the way the oil has changed colour and its thinned down

stani

if you put it in 3rd gear and push the car, you should be able to feel 4 distinct compressions (each about 6" apart).
if thats ok, some pic,s would help, dizzy, cyl #1 cam lobes at tdc, fuel pipes etc

trust me ive tried for ages, if it doesnt sell then fine ill give it a few more goes, i just want a car that works lol but its just that when that micra works i dont want any other car :p

Who done engine rebuild? how long does it run for? get a video up so we can get an idea of whats happening when you are cranking?

Back