what is this guys

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
got given a fridge off my nana and when we poured the water out of the over flow bit there was this little bug come out and was floating in the water and we then seen one scrurrying along the floor got it back to mine and noticed more of them pulled the top off the fridge and there was loads quite big and small ones not sure what they are but when the cold got to them they seemed to die any help and sorry for the poor pic but i didnt want to get to close to them

Attachments

• DSC00880.JPG
    DSC00880.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 307
  • DSC00879.JPG
    DSC00879.JPG
    949.4 KB · Views: 221
OP
OP
jim_bling

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
omg i am defo not keeping the fridge now it looks like the german one but the backend was alot longer think that was one of the baby ones i took the pic of but the bigger ones were about 2-3 cm long and with what looked like some kind of a cocoon on the back end

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Thats a type of cocroach, my old flat was full of them they stay in damp mild / warm places , dont squash them because they are full off eggs and if u squash em the eaggs spread and only take a few days to hatch then you get a problem haha

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
That's pretty minging.

I wouldn't use a fridge after ANY bugs had been in it!!

I didnt think we got cockroaches in this country??

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
That's pretty minging.

I wouldn't use a fridge after ANY bugs had been in it!!

I didnt think we got cockroaches in this country??

Of course we do!

As they walk, they leave trails of fecal matter, which they use to find their way around. On top of being gross, these trails can cause stains and odors.

Nice eh!!!!! lololol

Snikty

Site Supporter
Roaches will actually eat out the wiring of appliances. So if you had a large nest chances are all your electrics were being eaten through and the fridge will die in the near future anyway.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
kill it with fire!

thats nasty, you wanna get that all cleared out,

i also didn't think we got cockroaches in this country, i have never seen one before, but there you go lol yet another horrible little thing to look out for lol

i prefer the mice i have running around the house, ;)

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
haha that is pretty sick mate, you need to burn them and watch them die mwah ha ha ha or maybe get pest control in?
I remember my nan telling me a story about how her old kitchen (in the 30's) had cockroaches. Thank god for pest control eh!?! :p

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Nice!!!!!!!!! I'd bin it straight away. How did you get the fridge back to yours? You might have them running around in your car :p

OP
OP
jim_bling

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
ha ha in my mams car we are gettin it checked out and the fridge is now sitting outside in the cold and rain so they will all die any way and the council is gona take away the fridge horrible things ergh

Antony

Ex. Club Member
ha ha in my mams car we are gettin it checked out and the fridge is now sitting outside in the cold and rain so they will all die any way and the council is gona take away the fridge horrible things ergh

dont believe it, cocroaches are one of the only things impervous to radiation, heat, water, cold etc.

during tests a cocroach was held in liquid nitrogen for 3 months and when thored it revived and started to run arround. the same with a microwaved cocroach, one that was exposed to massive doses of uv radiation and even massive doses of radiation from isotopes (plutonium and uranium)

so even after a nuclear war cocroaches will survive, so water and cold aint gonna do anything...

that and if you cut its head off.... they will die of starvation after 3 days...not blood loss..

solarice

Ex. Club Member
dont believe it, cocroaches are one of the only things impervous to radiation, heat, water, cold etc.

during tests a cocroach was held in liquid nitrogen for 3 months and when thored it revived and started to run arround. the same with a microwaved cocroach, one that was exposed to massive doses of uv radiation and even massive doses of radiation from isotopes (plutonium and uranium)

so even after a nuclear war cocroaches will survive, so water and cold aint gonna do anything...

that and if you cut its head off.... they will die of starvation after 3 days...not blood loss..

but susprisingly, they are easily upset if called names...

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
"but susprisingly, they are easily upset if called names..."

:laugh: mate that was a good one! but yeah they are horrible little b******s, surely putting them in the microwave would kill them. I thought that the water molecules would get excited and begin to collide more which would cause its internal body system to blow up?

or maybe not lol :p