Is There Any Point??

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
Today my K11 failed it's MOT on corrosion on both under sills, the front panel behind the radiator the complete lenght. And emissions by just over 10mmHg..:doh:

Now what's the best thing to do here, Get some plates welded up to cover the corrosion is a given.

But what to do about emissions? Should I just sell the damn thing and upgrade to a p11 primera?

Or should I just MOT it Tax it and continue modding knowing that it's a well dated car and will do the same 6 months down the line?

or get the sills done properly aswell as the front xmember and sort your emissions then you have a car that you know is done snd your not buying sum1 elses problems

or get the sills done properly aswell as the front xmember and sort your emissions then you have a car that you know is done snd your not buying sum1 elses problems

got a good point if you know your car inside and out, Dont give up so easily! :(

Scrap it, when you start welding a car you'll never stop. Even when it's done 'properly' it still rots out. Upgrade while you got the chance, otherwsie you'll be left with a pile of rot

i'd access the drain pipes that runs from the sunroof, down the a-pillars, just drains into the front sill and reroute it straight down through the sill to stop the trapped water buildup.

weld up the sills and waxyol the entire inside sills and undercoat the exterior sill.

check if the O2 sensors working

If I didn't need the car for the commutes and the family runs I'd most definitely put it on my drive and finish the alarm and probably look for an engine replacement. (1.6) for the emissions (solves the probable Lambda failure) and the performance. :(. Then weld everything with the engine out anyway.

As for the drains where are the tube(s) located exactly so I can get them out?

to see the drain pipes,

remove the front lower plastic corner trim by the door,

unbolt either the relay from the chassis on the right hand or the wiring loom connecter blocks from chassis on the left hand

pull out the yellow foam bits

pipe is seen inside going down into the sill

i got pics here

btw do you have and engine light? cos you could test the lambda sensor via ecu diagnostic mode

ok some pics
after removing the plastic trim by the footwells, this is the relay to unbolt on the driverside
car810.jpg

on the other side is a wiring connector holder at the bottom of this pic
car800.jpg

after removing the yellow foam you'll see 1 rubber tube in the passenger side cavity draining down to the sill.
and 2 tubes on the driverside cavity, black rubber is from the sunroof and the white rigid tube is from the aerial.
dsc00759ka.jpg

i extended the rubber drains with some clear tubing that fits, drilled a hole just below and fed it through, made similar hole on the front wing panels then trimmed it to length.
dsc00757.jpg

Back