rear axle is there a problem with 2001 models

hi forim can anyone help us?
my daughter has fell in love witha 2001 micra 1.0 its from a dealer has a recorded mileage of 23000 miles and this can be backed up with previous MOTs Now the last MOT has a message on the advisory of rear axle corrosion?
so We are in your hands any helpful comments are very welcome as to what to do and whether we should purchase@ £1500

an axle change is a mission tes, and can easily write off the car (like on this W reg one)

axle.JPG

depends how bad it is really, that one is beyond repair for sure
but for example in the picture which you have posted that would be able to be welded if i am not mistaken :), but it strange how some car like this one with low mileage have rusted through axels, for example i have a 1997 sr and it has strong axel's still and has seen 4 time more miles than this car :/

You don´t use rust protection methods in england? :)

For the original problem, you can get decent axle from a scrapper cheapish i think.

hi forim can anyone help us?
my daughter has fell in love witha 2001 micra 1.0 its from a dealer has a recorded mileage of 23000 miles and this can be backed up with previous MOTs Now the last MOT has a message on the advisory of rear axle corrosion?
so We are in your hands any helpful comments are very welcome as to what to do and whether we should purchase@ £1500

seems a little pricey to me.

Better off looking for another thats solid underneath for that sort of money

Back