Is there any demand for K10 standard spares?

It occurred to me that maybe members on here are perhaps mainly interested in sports related spares / parts & modifications. I do not have such items. In my lean-to at home on shelves, I do have other stuff for the k10.

I have had two of these from new-both 1235 models 5door in red. The first one (1990 G reg) I kept for just 2 years and traded it in for another new one. The intention ion had been to do this every two years. However, in 1993 the department at work (steelworks) closed down and I decided to hang on to the second one, a 1992 J reg. I kept it for 20 years.

I had collected a few spares in the latter years (just in case I needed them, especially as they were becoming a bit scarce in the breaker’s yards). Being a reliable car, I still have most of what I collected, as the parts were never required. I even bought a brand new Nissan clutch plate as I had over 130k on the clock (on original clutch)-it’s still in it’s shrink wrapper lol. Any suggestions what I should do?

It had done over 130,000 miles on the original clutch?!.. That gives me a little relief mine has 35,000 and im counting down the days until the original clutch will start slipping :p

They're always good to hang onto. Spare parts like that always pop up in demand as the supply for such parts is starting to dry up

It had done over 130,000 miles on the original clutch?!.. That gives me a little relief mine has 35,000 and im counting down the days until the original clutch will start slipping :p

At 35k your clutch will just about be run in lol. I always looked after whatever I had. I occassionally towed a small trailer. Occasionally I had 4 adults and a child in the car. Most of the time there was just me in the car. A lot depends on how the car has been driven. Because I had owned the car from new it was basically only driven by me. On a few occasions I let my friend`s young son have a play in a car park around some bollards, but that was about all.

I`m sure that if the head gasket had been repaired the first time round I would still have the car today. (I believe the garage did not have the head skimmed). So, about 18 months later the gasket went again without any reason (apart from the botched repair). I scrapped the car and bought something else. The rear seats still had polythene covers on (from the laundrette) and were just like when new. I`d always kept proper covers on the front seats and the condition was similar. The only blemish on the the body was some welding towards the back end of the sills where they join the wheel arches. Underneath was solid too, as it had been undersealed several times from leaving the showroom.

They're always good to hang onto. Spare parts like that always pop up in demand as the supply for such parts is starting to dry up
I don`t have any use for the spares now as I bought another car.

Back