Is there any body there??????

Unfortunately, none of your content has received any reactions yet. You'll need to keep posting!

Keep posting??? WTF for?
I know little about CVT's, and it seems this clubs membership know even less than I do! This being so it has garnered all the rest together. WHY?
I want a CVT box oil pump, Blank, I want absolutely any advice on the later torque converter CVT's, Blank, Someone with used parts or a scrap box perhaps? Blank. In all fairness this lot does not seem to be a lot of good to someone wanting to actually FIX a CVT box.

This one is in the blogs section mate

I mentioned the reason you might be struggling is that auto's don't sell well in the UK, and while they do sell well in America, the Americans don't buy a lot of tiny japanese mini-hatchbacks and so they don't put a lot of info out there. If you have an automatic chevrolet or something there would likely be a wealth of information out there on all the components of the transmission and detailed guides for doing a complete overhaul and hundreds of parts suppliers for the individual components. Another problem you could run into is that the information could be out there, but it could be in another language. I found a video on youtube of someone replacing the individual components inside of a distributor but it was in German and I don't speak German.

The membership of the club could be huge but they can't tell you what they don't know themselves. Your best bet is either to just replace the whole thing. There will be a box out there either a used one or a reconditioned one or maybe a part by a none-OEM manufactuer like Mikayo for example who make new parts for old cars with all the same specs (near enough). It's annoying but that's the problem with cars that the manufacturer has stopped building. If it isn't on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere or if there isn't enough demand out there for none-OEM parts then you're out of luck.

The only other thing I can think to try would be to import. I know that the Lada for example (a USSR/communist era car) is still built today brand new in Egypt. If the older micra's are still being built somewhere in the world, you could have parts imported.

OP
OP
R
It is ridiculous if I contact Nissan I have to jump through countless hoops only to get nothing back. There must be parts somewhere and I think that Nissan is the most promising potentia source if only I can get them on board. I am amazed at their recalcitrance in this, anyone would think that such longevity in what is a very basic car, would take pride of place in their sales pitch good second hand value increases new car sales and resale's.

It is ridiculous if I contact Nissan I have to jump through countless hoops only to get nothing back. There must be parts somewhere and I think that Nissan is the most promising potentia source if only I can get them on board. I am amazed at their recalcitrance in this, anyone would think that such longevity in what is a very basic car, would take pride of place in their sales pitch good second hand value increases new car sales and resale's.
if they had their way they'd press the kill switch on every nissan that is second-hand owned, and sell all their cars on a subscription model the same way apple sell their phones, microsoft sell their software, and tesla sell... well everything they make

Manufacturers are evil, everything made at slave-labour costs (all the striking in the 60's and 70's because Brits wouldn't put up with it) eventually made in countries with actual slaves, then they just send the parts over to be put together in the UK because it's cheaper to ship parts than to ship cars. Do everything they can to nickel and dime you out of your hard earned money making cheap modern sh*te that will fall apart and leave you with a headache.