WD40 sprayed inside throttle body of Micra Sport+ 2001...Is there hope?

Hi Guys,

Me and my mate tried to clear the air intake sensor and sprayed al lot of injector cleaning spray in throttle body.
The car could not start for some time at first than was stalling for some time and then almost get back to normal. We assumed there was probably a problem with idle valve and sprayed a lot of WD40 in the throttle body to lubricate the valve...
My micra started stalling and stalling, check engine light came back on again. An now it just constantly stalls every time you slow down...
We thought we probably blocked the valve so we have taken that part off washed and cleaned valve nicely.
We have noticed the was a lot of oil (must be WD40) inside as you press the accelerator pedal fully we have done our best and cleaned it off where we could reach...
The problem did not go away car still stall on idle and when you slow down...

As I have read later lambda no not like oil and WD 40 probably killed it...

I need your advice guys how to proceed further... I Want start off with changing lambda but not sure if there still WD40 left inside the engine would it not kill the new lambda?
I am assuming it is the front lambda sensor the one you find under the bonnet am I right?
I want to take it to ordinary garage and they will change lambda for £95.
Nissan would charge 111+labor65+VAT!!!

Are lambda sensors easy to change? Is there any instructions available on how to change them?
The bolts that hold cover over it are really rusty so is the one that holds lambda itself...

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thank you

Firstly, the wd40 probably wasn't the best idea but hopefully hasn't caused permanent damage. I would remove the first lamda and clean it up and re fit it if the car is better then thats a good start if there is no difference then i doubt this is your problem.

The problem with spraying wd 40 like that is dirt sticks to it very well.

try that see if it helps first and we'll go from there

Back