Is my Micra making me ill?

I first got my mirca in summer so never really used the heating, but on the odd occasion that I did I always started to sniff and get a soare throat. Now its winter and cold in the mornings and the heaters on alot, it gives me proper cold symptons for a good few hours after getting out. Its really doing me head in now so I need sorting.

Where is the cabin air filter located and are there any areas in the pipework that I should be cleaning out??

I first got my mirca in summer so never really used the heating, but on the odd occasion that I did I always started to sniff and get a soare throat. Now its winter and cold in the mornings and the heaters on alot, it gives me proper cold symptons for a good few hours after getting out. Its really doing me head in now so I need sorting.

Where is the cabin air filter located and are there any areas in the pipework that I should be cleaning out??

if your heater matrix is leaking antifreese into the air ducts then you might be dying, other than that i don't know

if your heater matrix is leaking antifreese into the air ducts then you might be dying, other than that i don't know

that could possibly be quite worrying..... but I doubt it! Our lass sayes its old people germs as the people who had it before me where pensioners.

that could possibly be quite worrying..... but I doubt it! Our lass sayes its old people germs as the people who had it before me where pensioners.

lol well if it is leaking you usually get steamed up windows and an over heating engine and a passenger foot well full of hot water ;)

i'm gonna go with the old people too

Like whipit has mentioned, the most likely cause is the heating ducts/vents/unit being contaiminated. Maybe an anti-bacertial air fresher could help

um.... if you send a camera down the little holes you might be able to tell if there is alien mould growing that only makes you have a sniffel if the air has blown on BY THE FANS OR SOMETHING? LMAO mate its normal to have this i have done in every car i have owned in the winter!even with a/c :D lol was jj earlyer bud bout the aliens ect :D

i think we just have the kind of noses for it :D

I feel ill when I sit in my old Super S.. but that's because it lives in the corner of our street, with no exhaust on. And if I put the heaters on in there carbon monoxide and all sorts comes and hits you. It's a quick and easy way of getting drunk, I done it once before I went out clubbing and had a wicked time.

Now I sound like a druggy who gets off on carbon monoxide =P

Back