is it just me starting to hate my micra?? :(

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
my micra is in beautiful condition it's 15yrs old only 47,000 on the clock..both clocked at 33,000 a year & a half ago.

Once it satrted stalling and that kinf od buwxitt, after a lot of hassle I solved it using that guide here on the forum, but now like 9 months after.. it's starting to appear again the symptoms since last sunday... and this really bothers me by sometimes the car stalls on idle at the traffic lights or something.. it feels trashy when this happens..

what'd you say guys.. do I re-give it a try on heating up and soldering again those points that are marked in that guide.. or do I go for a new throttlebody, WHICH isn't cheap! what'd you say?

also like 1.3yrs ago I started to get ####ed wit hthe micra when I installed the subwoofer which believe me....is nothing at all.. just like any other nothing special...the plastic sticky clip holding the windowd in the front passenger door...loosened up due to how old and the immense amount of heat here locally...the subwoofer was the cherry on the cake as by the vibration caused the clip doesn't stick any more....

what solutions do I have through this one , please guys?
as if I keep going down, the windows falls off so you need to hold it in placewhilst lowering and closing the window again.

I serisouly thought of drilling a hole through the clip.... straight through the glass and using a small bolt and nut from behing ...what do you say guys?

all I'm after is like a reliability issue.

regards,
Ian - Malta

The heating of the solder is a temporary fix, and does usually last 6 to 9 months, the best thing to do, is remove the solder completely, and remake the connecion once cleaned with new solder.

why not buy a reconditioned one from this firm, put my order in on monday and it was here by 11.30 the next day on by 12, and no more worrys about the throttle body knacking up within the next three years, well worth it

ECU-Testing
23A Church Street
Eastwood
Nottingham
NG16 3HP

Tel: 01773 535638
Opening Times:
Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm

thanks guys, you're damn super! I'll give it a shot as alienfish said as it involves no waiting time and buying around.. I'll strip the solder off and put some new solder and see how it goes around. Else I'll get a reconditioned one as andy said!

cheers guys...

sorry to bother again on this one.... re the window glass holders, the 2 white plastic U's in which the door window sits in to move up and down... I'm unsure if it's by wear and tear of these last 15yrs or by the subwoofer..either way, their sticky glue have gone off and if I don't hold the window in place whilst I lower it down..it simply comes off this 'white holder clip'...and I'll have to re open the door cards to put it back in place..

I tried adding some glue, wurth glue, silicone, whatever..it keeps bustin through with the kick when the window opens and closes.

what the heck can I do ?

Try a windsceen place. They will have the right stuff.
If you have the door panel already removed and go to them, I can't see them charging much if anything for a squirt of glue.

why not buy a reconditioned one from this firm, put my order in on monday and it was here by 11.30 the next day on by 12, and no more worrys about the throttle body knacking up within the next three years, well worth it

ECU-Testing
23A Church Street
Eastwood
Nottingham
NG16 3HP

Tel: 01773 535638
Opening Times:
Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm

Great customer service from these guys. my micra was sorted thanks to one of there re con units £99. sadley Ive got a new run around so the micra and throttle body will be going as sonn as ive found them a nice home lol

fit a GA16 t/b, and avoid the problem all together :p

Xcuse me Frank, but are all the conncetors ans signals compatible on EU cars? I mean TPS, MAF, but also the solenoid...

Thinking on taking this TB from the scrapers today and I still have my doubts.

Back