Is it too big?

I'm in Japan and can buy March/Micras and Japanese car parts fairly cheap. I'm wondering if the VQ30 V6 and transaxle assembly could be stuffed in the front of a K11. I know some of you have thought about it, but has anyone tried it?

its a no then, it wont fit in the front of a k11 :p its like wanting to drop an rb26 engine in the front of a micra, no chance without a custom frame! for one the transmisson tunnel will need widening, the engine needs all custom mounts, the engine wont fit in the engine bay! and you need to fit a wider rear axle than the car and mount it! too much work than its worth imo.

sp

it might still fit, the block is only 3 cyl,s long (it may be shorter than a cg :p )
does he not mean front wheel drive (transaxle), btw ?

if you can fit a 7.6l v8 into a mini anything can be done..

to be honest the 3.0v6 is a bit on the heavy side. your better off with a mazda KL-ZE v6 from a mx-6 (210bhp and 190ft-lbs) arround the same measurements as a beetlw engine only narrower, comes from a fwd car and has been fitted in all sorts... so its a compact engine. and all alloy too.

depends how much ya wanna spend. cos if i had £20k i could quite easily have an RB26 DETT RWD micra..... (just send it to an engineering shop. wright them a cheque and roberst your farthers brother...)

if you can fit a 7.6l v8 into a mini anything can be done..

to be honest the 3.0v6 is a bit on the heavy side. your better off with a mazda KL-ZE v6 from a mx-6 (210bhp and 190ft-lbs) arround the same measurements as a beetlw engine only narrower, comes from a fwd car and has been fitted in all sorts... so its a compact engine. and all alloy too.

depends how much ya wanna spend. cos if i had £20k i could quite easily have an RB26 DETT RWD micra..... (just send it to an engineering shop. wright them a cheque and roberst your farthers brother...)

If you're going down that route, might as well go for a ####el engine from an RX7. Twin tubbie baby and a rather small engine. Although a pain to tune/map.

sp

it might still fit, the block is only 3 cyl,s long (it may be shorter than a cg :p )
does he not mean front wheel drive (transaxle), btw ?

Yes fwd, no tunnel to the rear differential. I was thinking if I could chop, weld and bend some front subframe parts from a VQ30 Maxima or I30 it might work with some mods to the inner fenders and hood (maybe firewall too). Only about 8 inches of difference in the hub to hub width. I'm a yank, so I'm used to front heavy cars :)

to be honest the 3.0v6 is a bit on the heavy side.

No your thinking of the VG engine series, v6 with cast iron blocks, stupidly strong and heavy, the VQ engines are a work of art with complete aluminuim and variable valve timing along with a lot more toys they are the Daddy of small V6's.

You want the Nissan Maxima, it comes with the VQ30DE, is FWD and is N/A kicking out 190 ponies and 217 ft·lbf ~ or torque is the best option!
I think it will fit but with full custom mounts, don't go cutting corners.

To be honest if its possible theres a good chance its already been done in Japan.

you'd be suprised what you can fit in a micra, i have seen some impressive engine installs. but really the micra is a little car and if you are keeping it front wheel drive you don't want to chuck in a heavy engine, just a little light one like an RX8 or a busa engine

Does anyone know what the smallest v8 is? I think it would sound nicer than the v6.
A 1 litre v8 would be lovely lol

Never mind, found out it's a 2.0, too big for the micra

Does anyone know what the smallest v8 is? I think it would sound nicer than the v6.
A 1 litre v8 would be lovely lol

Never mind, found out it's a 2.0, too big for the micra

lol you could get a V8 in a micra easy enough. there are minis with v8s in them. best one to use is the Rover SD1 i think.

there are people who have built custom mini V8 engines that are only like 50cc or something :D they are so awesome :D

Back