When is it too much??

My apologies this should be in the K11 section!!! D'oh:blush: Can this be moved Admin??
I'm a newbie..no denying it..:glance:

I have a Super S that needs some work;
Front panel / crossmember
Drivers Sill
Front wing respray
New bonnet
Proper Super S front Bumper..not the standard unpainted one that's on it.
General bodywork attention...The list goes on..

The thing is it only cost me £200..will it become a future classic worthy of a bit of cash thrown at it, or should I just let it rot?
From what I can tell too many micras are ending up broken for spares because of rusty crossmembers and sills...an easy DIY fix for someone with a Mig welder.

I'm buying another Micra for possible repair / spares..it's actually a March 1.0 Auto with Aircon. To say having the Aircon halves the power...well:laugh: I may swap bits around..possibly gut the March and Super S and put the best of each into one. I may fit the Aircon to the Super S..I do like it cold! Is that much of a job?

Back on track....
I'd love to have a full suspension kit, stainless exhaust and an induction kit. I've contemplated a 1.6/2.0 conversion (couldn't see a definitive 'How to' guide anywhere on that..lots of 'just search the forum' perhaps a sticky topic?)
Would I be throwing money away or is this really the best little hatch to play with, Pug 205 Gti's and Saxo/106's are ten a penny..and mods/spares are cheaper and more readily available...convince me guys.

i think you know already that you wanna do it but need convincing...

but like you said money needs spending but you'll end up with the rarest of cars..

Personally id just get the car to a road leagal status and slowly mod up but put yor efforts into one car...

If you have access to the March, then get it. They are already rare!!

As for convincing you. Why have a car that thousands of other young lads have, they may be diff colours or reg plates, but underneath, they all have the same thing, which is boring!! Go ahead with the Micra, for realiability as well as having something different :D

Welcome btw :)

Hello and welcome, whats the shell like on the March ? if it's better than the SS then why not swap the SS goodies over onto that, that would make something really special and rare, as for the air con sapping power from the engine, its not really that noticeable on a 1.3, stay with the Micra though instead of going down the French route, they're a vastly underated car with quite surprising performance with very little work, especially the 1.3.

Thanks to admin for the prompt sideways shuffle..thanks James

Yep, I had already made my descision..I've been very impressed with the SS and that's in standard form with 135,000 on the clock! The timing chain doesn't even rattle...the March on the other hand sounds like it may need attention.
EMS - Why is the March so rare..is it best to leave it original..I was planning on swapping over the A/C.
Mean Micra - Is the SS really rare? I had a Citroen ZX 2.0 16v once, only 400 registered in the UK (probably less now!). Is it rarer than that? I know getting a used SS front bumper is like searching for the holy grail! So it must be rare.:laugh:

Front panel to do first me thinks...it's MOT'd till Feb so I can still drive it till then. And once I can convince the missus to release some cash, she wants a holiday in the New Year, I'll start modding...engine...suspension and brakes..then the panels and paint. The interior I'll do as I go along...what's the view on colour coded consoles..gloss black to match the exterior.

Hello to all BTW...once the motor is in a nice condition I'll look at coming along to a show/meet. Although I'm a little long in the tooth..36 this year!! Practically drawing my pension.

LOL, thats ok, you fit in well with Kev and Ed!! Ha ha :p

As for the rare cars, i'd easily say the March is rarer than the SS. Because they were imported, and theres not many around now! Sonic will know, he has a March :)

It's not my job to moderate usually Mr Arnold, you should have been quicker ;) :p

As for the Marches, they're relatively rare, I only ever seem to see very early Marches in the UK, the reason i've thought for this is Nissan dealers getting ahead of the game with the K11 - as they were relased in Japan a year before they were in the UK, imagine having a K11 Micra when everyone else was still driving K10s - quite exclusive!

Ooops I just realised I rambled without saying much of interest or help, sorry :blush:

Back