Is it possible to put a dohc vtec in a k11 super s

hi guys....i was wondering is it possible to put a vti vtec into a k11?? i want to try it....does anyone know of this conversion done before...and will it be just ine big problem???? thanks
adam:k11motors:unclesam:

is possiable with £££££ of money and time. you would be looking at the same amount of work as an sr20 engine swap if not more with it beeing a non nissan engine.

how much work is involved in a sr20??? i was told i may need the drives shortened and balanced.....which means lots of money.....:( i can get a vtec engine for very cheap though.....will the vtec hubs fit??

Yeah its dead easy, bolts right in and even uses the same mounts.

lol :D

how much work is involved in a sr20??? i was told i may need the drives shortened and balanced.....which means lots of money.....:( i can get a vtec engine for very cheap though.....will the vtec hubs fit??

we have a standard response here at the MSC because this question is asked alot, "how much work is it to fit an SR20"

the answer is "if you have to ask then you are not going to get very far"

basically people who know about engines and engine swaps can tell how much work it is, they know what engines need, like drive shafts and mounts and radiators etc, they can look at the mounts on the car and the mounts on the engine and see if they will match up. if they don't then the mounts will have to be changed. the more they have to be changed the more work it is.

its a nice idea, but belive me there is alot more work than you imagine, ANYONE who had done an engine convertion will be suprised how much work it is, because there are always little things you over look.

your best bet is to try engine swaps for the same engine. this will give you an idea of how difficult it is just to do that, then you will have a better understanding of what would have to be done to fit a larger engine.

otherwise its all money. if you know what you are doing and you can do everything yourself then you could do a GA16 convertion for next to nothing, but you have to do the drive shaft modifications, wiring, modification to the mounts and the chassis, gear linkage, and don't forget suspention and brakes.

No point vtech 'ing' a micra imo, with the money you will spend doing it properly you could buy a high spec R32!!!!! (£15,000) etc

IMO you'd be better off buying a Type-r as you will have to spend more money on SR20 or vtech'ing' a micra

I can see that your 16, i asked the same questions then, and found the responses rude, but you will find that as your knowledge of modifying cars gets better, u'll see that this question is pointless...

Do it then...

If you are 100% on that then i can't see why you are asking the question as you must know what work needs to be done to have a price already

No dont think so, as there are K11 out there running loads of power, Nis' 200bhp, little bandit, something like 300whp!

And with that power and if you are going to spend only £3k it'll be around a tree before 3 months is up!

Remeber its not just the engine that needs uprating...brakes, suspension, chassis, steering, loom +ecu, wheels, brake lines, interior...etc etc etc

yeah i no....if i do go ahead with it...ill be gettin

pulsar front calipers
rear disc convo from matt humpris
omp roll cage off rallynuts
k sports coilovers......and so on

i only want to spend 3k on the engine not the overall car....

do ye know of any other vtec conversions??

no dont think so, as there are k11 out there running loads of power, nis' 200bhp, little bandit, something like 300whp!

And with that power and if you are going to spend only £3k it'll be around a tree before 3 months is up!

remeber its not just the engine that needs uprating...brakes, suspension, chassis, steering, loom +ecu, wheels, brake lines, interior...etc etc etc

You're right!!!

yeah i no....if i do go ahead with it...ill be gettin

pulsar front calipers
rear disc convo from matt humpris
omp roll cage off rallynuts
k sports coilovers......and so on

i only want to spend 3k on the engine not the overall car....

do ye know of any other vtec conversions??

not forgetting the £10k for insurance :eek:

i can drive it for 4 months without the insurance knowing and the minute i pass my full test i will ring the insurance.....
i will only be driving it at the weekends until i sell my scooter cause i drive that to advertise it....:)

i can drive it for 4 months without the insurance knowing and the minute i pass my full test i will ring the insurance.....
i will only be driving it at the weekends until i sell my scooter cause i drive that to advertise it....:)

mate either you get it fully insured or there is no point insuring it. you will be straight in jail if there are any inacuracies in your insurance documents.

i had a GA16 micra and i couldn't get that insured at 20, i had to sell it in the end. i promise that at 17 you will not get insured. if they do it will be for at least £3k a year.

you need to be realistic about this, the car will cost alot, the insurance will cost alot and it is not good to have a high powered car as your first car, you will prang it, everyone does. if you want to keep it in a garage and make it a long term project, then thats great, we need more high spec micras anyway, but if you want your first car to be a Vtec micra then you are dreaming, it is an amazing amount of money and work and you will just end up killing yourself.

when 500bhp micra lil bandit crashed, that had a full roll cage and an unbelivable amount of money thrown at it, and the driver didn't come off to well. if you do the engine and don't uprate the brakes or the chassis or the suspention it will crash and you will get hurt. micras are designed to cope with crashes caused by their stock engines, not when they are thrown at a wall at 200mph.

i think the best thing you can do right now is work out a budget and save that up. whilst you are doing that, try some kind of mecanics course so that you can do as much of the work yourself and save money, then ring the insurance BEFORE doing any work and see if you can find anyone who will insure you. if you have the money and the skills and the insurance then go for it

IMO it sounds like a good enough idea, if you were to do it yourself your best off buying a second shell and doing it in the garage and taking your time to learn/make mistakes etc etc. If getting it done professionally then you need a fairly large budget.
Anyway why a B16? There are much better choices of engine out there, 1,8 vvti K series for example is a very light alloy engine, easy to work on revvy and reliable (dont anybody mention head gaskets as I cont see this sort of car doing anything like 50k miles.

IMO it sounds like a good enough idea, if you were to do it yourself your best off buying a second shell and doing it in the garage and taking your time to learn/make mistakes etc etc. If getting it done professionally then you need a fairly large budget.
Anyway why a B16? There are much better choices of engine out there, 1,8 vvti K series for example is a very light alloy engine, easy to work on revvy and reliable (dont anybody mention head gaskets as I cont see this sort of car doing anything like 50k miles.

well my idea started as a b16a but evolved into a b18c..... your idea of a second shell is te best iv heard...but we dont have a garage..and if i was to use someone elses garage they wouldnt let me use it for long enough....if i done it myelf i could get it done cheap.....i can get a vtec engine for pretty much free.....;)

As nex said, you will not get insured "legally"...

Even adrian flux can't insure anyone under 21 for a 2.0L Nova! So cant see you getting insured on a V-tech'd micra....

burkey.
have you thought about running a standard small car on the road for the first year maybe - this will still set you back a lot £££ for insurance but the money you save by not modifying you could spend on maybe gettin into a form of motorsport. this way you can go fast legally, safer, cheaper etc etc and learn from your driving and mechanical mistakes as you go. sprints and autotesting can be much more fun than road driving. plus everyone hates boy racers right? and at 16 with a highly modded car am i right in thinking this would be you!!!
ne

As nex said, you will not get insured "legally"...

Even adrian flux can't insure anyone under 21 for a 2.0L Nova! So cant see you getting insured on a V-tech'd micra....

A Plan is the way to go, got my first GTR at 20 and payed £1,100 insurance when adrian flux wanted just under £8,000.
Now I am 25 and before breaking my cossie 5 months back I was paying £540 fully comp.

nef i think you are just stereotyping now....im not a boy racer...boy racers have big plastic cars and go around speeding the whole time.....im not like that at all.....you are just assuming that im young and would like a bit of power in my car that im a boyracer....well sorry but your wrong.....this tread may aswell be closed because i have a sr20 conversion booked..have the parts..and its paid for.....

how much??? its cumin up too xmas n dnt ave too much to spare?? lol

nef i think you are just stereotyping now....im not a boy racer...boy racers have big plastic cars and go around speeding the whole time.....im not like that at all.....you are just assuming that im young and would like a bit of power in my car that im a boyracer....well sorry but your wrong.....this tread may aswell be closed because i have a sr20 conversion booked..have the parts..and its paid for.....

what you do win the lotto lol

Good luck with it mate, keep a blog with pics etc so we can see how its going :)

Im glad you decided SR20 (Y)

Just start a blog now with the pictures you have and keep it updated.. Always good to see hwo things are progressing :)

join a site like www.photobucket.com, you can then upload the pictures there and just copy/paste the links here :)

There's an image hosting tab at the top of the page here which would make it easier but it seems to be not working..

Back