insurance

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right, been quoted £1700+ on a 1.ol standard micra, i think this is stupid on a car worth all of £400, its acually puttin me off drivin and buyin a motorbike! how much do you lot pay and whats your sex and age? friggin stupid this!

rant over lol, cheers!

1.3 Super S
Lowered 35mm ... bilstein and eibach
Exuast, manifold, hi flow cat, strut brace... :)

£600 fully comp

runaway-robot said:
1.3 Super S
Lowered 35mm ... bilstein and eibach
Exuast, manifold, hi flow cat, strut brace... :)

£600 fully comp

Can I ask who that is with?

Im 19 too and tried quotes on elephant declaring mods and it said phone them.

Mines is around £600 fully comp, but thats in my mums name and me an added driver.

god thats expensive!

age 18
male
valued at £1500
k11 1.3 SI
air filter & manifold
£1200 Fully Comp

i paid a year up front (was 17 at the time), im with CIS and the car is in my dads name with his no-claims with me as a driver. The insurance is 510quid fully comp, courtosy car, protected no claims the lot. I even have a declared k&n repalcement filter element. The car is a micra k11 year2000 1.0Litre

How long u been driving for?

lol lately ive got alot of gd quotes :D lol was very temped 2 sell the micra this feb and go with the Evo lol 2ltr turbo... but ive decided agaisnt it... going 2 keep the micra longer :D

R05 - you need to go to www.confused.com or something and try there...
Also, when you first start driving you will be paying more than £1300 for sure... nomatter what car...

And going on your parents insurance will never really pay off, i did it - and i feel it false economy..

runaway-robot said:
im with Norwich Union

lol and im male :D

That in your own name? I just tried their website and for me and the SR it was going to be £2300 and thats driving 2 years and no accidents etc.

runaway-robot said:
yea in my own name, no one else on the policy lol :)

Would like to know how you managed that cause I just done it saying I was wanting fully comp, doing bout 12,000 miles a year, car worth £1200. Never even mentioned mods and it is £2300.

i dont know how either lol....i even went threw everything i had on it and it still came out with the same price... .so i didnt argue with him :)

Male
'92 K10 1.0 LS
Valued at £500
No NCB
Two years as a named driver
£412 TP, F&T

oh, no mod's.... declared.... :p

Thank you confused.com :D

Male aged 23 driving a 1.0 (K10)
Mods declaired & Fully comp & 1 named driver
£360

Bargain!

was 17 at the time of insuring.

£1056 fully comp & protected no claims. '93 1.3 super s. mam 1st driver, me 2nd *male*, no declared mods. im with prudential.

*Female 25
*Me main driver, o/h named driver
*1l K11 mods declared
*1 year no claims
*License held for 10 months (Norwich Union class license held period as including your provisional though, so in their eyes, license held for 8 years)
*£182 :D

Arnold, do you have a NCB? If so how much?

I even tried the companies confused didn't do and £412 was the cheapest I could go.

Oh, I did check to see how much a thatcham cat 1 alarm/immobiliser would save me.... It made it £15 more expensive o_O

Krian said:
Arnold, do you have a NCB? If so how much?

I even tried the companies confused didn't do and £412 was the cheapest I could go.

Oh, I did check to see how much a thatcham cat 1 alarm/immobiliser would save me.... It made it £15 more expensive o_O

I have 2 years NCD :) that quote is with tesco by the way.

tesco's wanted £700+ for me :( I tried putting it through my dads address, which is about half a mile away and in a different post code - put my insurance up by about £200.

R05_Micra said:
right, been quoted £1700+ on a 1.ol standard micra, i think this is stupid on a car worth all of £400, its acually puttin me off drivin and buyin a motorbike! how much do you lot pay and whats your sex and age? friggin stupid this!

rant over lol, cheers!

bloody hell!!! When i was 18 i went with elephant.co.uk and got a quote for like 1000 and paid monthly

21, F
1.0l Micra 1998
Elephant.co.uk
1 year no claims
600ish 3rd party fire and theft business class 1
Nothing declared yet
oh and contants ins, breakdown cover and courtisy car

male 42 year old standard 1.3 k11 (except wheels and springs) on a 92 plate (import super s spec and a bit) in the Stockport area, no no claims, £210 fully comp through Swintons.

Just put my details in on confused.com see what it comes up with. As I'm on parents insurance atm

m
1.0 K11 (1997, No mods)
TPFT
My name, no other drivers
1 accident no NCB
quoted £1217.36

If you are having trouble with high quotes, when you have 0ncb - then add your mum or dad to the policy to see if it alters it... (THEM as the NAMED DRIVER) Soon as you get 1yr ncb it doesnt count so get them removed.

I personally saved 300peryear with that.

I'm not too sure, but as I understand it if you add a key sector worker (someone who works as a nurse/teacher or for the council) then you get a pretty hefty discount on your insurance.

male
NO NCB

my 1.OL micra was just over £900 third party fire and theft
insured my 1.3 SR micra :) and the insurance stayed the same :)
u dont know who chuffed and excited i was when the lady on the phone said that lol.
i also pay monthly so its an all round deal!!

thats with all the mods declared aswell. my insurance company dont worry about "exterior mods" just "performance" :)

napster

Male
K11 1.0l
1 years No Claims
Driving for 1 year

£649 Third Party Fire and Theft
No mods declared
but 20,000 miles a year.

That's with Norwich Union

Mines approx £350 full comp on my parents, less than 1 year since passing. That includes mum dad my sister (2 years since passing) and myself.

Obviously im not getting ncb, but after uni im hoping it'll all work out somehow :glance:

The excess sucks though, £600 for me or hazel. :down:

I'm with norwich union direct. Its a special "new drivers" policy they do. Its only 9 months, but you get a years no claims after that time.

I'm paying £460 fully comp. Might be worth looking ito it.....

Back