insurance

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
ok looking for different insurance company i've been quoted £2500 for insurance with quinn!!, comes to about £200 a month with £600 deposit. Why is it so much! this is before mods aswell! quinn are quite goods with mods £2800 with mods claimed. But why is it so much in the first place. my mate who lives in the same area and is the same age is with quinn for £1000 on a 1.1i 106!? i'm 998cc and my quotes over double!

I went to tax the car this week, while I was there I got a quote off the post office, it was £50 cheaper than my current renewal, considering I pay less than £300 FC a year it's quite a good saving.

I'm with quin paying £800 a year on a standard K11 They quoted me £1000 for the Super Sport. Try phoning up and talking to them to see what they quote you, are you telling them the car's garaged - that really helps.

The problem with saying it's garaged is when it gets stolen from your home, and it wasn't in a garage. You'll have trouble getting them to pay out for the theft.

as your 17 im guessing you might have a parent on your policy? .if so I rang Adrian Flux well they rang me and they have to insure the youngest driver as the main one even if they arent... apparently which gave me a quote of £1700. If not I tried confused.com I found that was the best for lower quotes.

i thought you had to be 19 for quinn to insure you, i must be wrong. im with quinn direct (same firm ???) im paying £1000 on me k10 all mods covered 0 ncb first year on my own with 1 years previous driving

i thought you had to be 19 for quinn to insure you, i must be wrong. im with quinn direct (same firm ???) im paying £1000 on me k10 all mods covered 0 ncb first year on my own with 1 years previous driving

im paying less than that and i'm 17!

depends if your fully comp. or third party fire n theft. i got quoted £2700 including pass plus, from a family friends who deals with insurance companies. rediculous

I'm glad I'm in my 40s, I couldn't afford to get insured at those prices.

my renewal with Highway on the March is £322.37 (3rd party, fire and theft) with 3 years ncb, mods, points and claims declared, if it were a Micra it would only have been about £220, but you have to pay more for imports apparently.

Norwich Union do some excellent deals, fully comp, for young drivers. My first insurance deal was with them a few years ago on a 1.6 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S. The best tip I could offer is that you should phone them: they are able to bring your premium down by quite a bit if you actually speak to someone and give them your detailed requirements. Much easier than doing it on some stupid price comparison website. Only problems occur when it's an off-shore call centre...!

depends if your fully comp. or third party fire n theft. i got quoted £2700 including pass plus, from a family friends who deals with insurance companies. rediculous

i'm third party only but thats just cause i know if it got robbed or burned my plus my excess would mean i probably got about 20quid for it!

my quotes where third party fire and theft. i'll give em a ring and see what i get i'm keen on getting a better quote from them cos there good with mods.

Surely the simple answer is leave the car totally stock for a few years, and get your self an "accelerator" policy, whereby if you are claim free in the first year of driving, you get 2 years no claims. Brought my insurance quote down by £500, 18year old with less than a year of full licence. Looking forward to the summer, I'll be 19 with 2 years no claims!

my quotes where third party fire and theft. i'll give em a ring and see what i get i'm keen on getting a better quote from them cos there good with mods.

Insurance companies are weird that way - I often found, when comparing my prices in the early days, that fully comp was cheaper with certain companies than third/fire/theft!

Surely the simple answer is leave the car totally stock for a few years, and get your self an "accelerator" policy, whereby if you are claim free in the first year of driving, you get 2 years no claims. Brought my insurance quote down by £500, 18year old with less than a year of full licence. Looking forward to the summer, I'll be 19 with 2 years no claims!

the point i'm trying to make is that the quote was £2000+ without mods! with the mods claimed it only went up £200 which in all honesty isnt bad considering i have performance mods.

That's ~£400 (i think) more than I was fully comp on my K11, on my own policy. Try using the company your parents do, and tell them you're parents are insured with them. Brought my premium down with a bump (with Frizzel)

I had a new policy on the 1.3 last year, £353 fully comp with 0NCB and that was with Sky's MSC discount. This year my renewal, despite a 30% reduction for 1 years NCB, only went down £12. I'm just about to hit 30, so will wait and look around while I'm at it.

£2500 though..............wooo. Insurance is a mad game, just like buying a house.......prices new drivers off the roads.

Back