Insurance

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Well its due and done. 23 years old with 3 years no claims, Ems as a named driver and three listed mods:

Bodykit
Exhaust
Alloys

Got a quote of the above for £331.80 third party fire and theft (£30 a month), which i've accepted. I also got a quote for £415 Fully comp, with a £450 excess!!! What a complete rip off, especially as i know my car's only worth £385 from there valuation earlier this year.

Aswell as paying out more than my car is worth, i'd lose my no claims in the process! Be cautious about fully comp unless you own a car worth paying the excess on.

Also, non approved alarms and immobilers dont reduce your insurance at all!

The above prices are with Tesco

im 26 with no no claims bonus, driving for 3 years, 2 crashes (1 was a write off) fully comp with £250 excess, they want just over £900 for me :(

im definatley gonna be shopping around

My Golf insurance has had to go up due to the most minor of accidents you've ever know but cause another car got damaged I had to bite the bullet.

24, 3points, 0 ncb but this is first claim ever, 3 years experience, factory alarm and immobiliser, no mods, tpft is £1000

Dam

No mate, its due tomorrow and seeing as im already with Tesco, i thought the easiest thing to do would be to get it renewed.

I'l more than likely have to cancel the policy with tesco once the engine goes in, as apparently they only cover mods as long as they are no higher than 5% of the car's bhp... This conversion will probably double the BHP & more when the turbo is wacked on top!

i would put money on he will beat that quote, if it was me i would give him a tinkle, no harm in trying, just ring him tell him what tesco quoted you and then he will ring u back in an hour or so

err hello?!?! lol

Adrian Flux, even more so if your doing an engine conversion on the car, no better insurance company out there for modified cars and getting insured with big engine mods.

You can do an online quote in minutes and your official member discount tut! lol

Kev

I seem to remember a very large insurance quote from adrian flux. but i've had a accident within the last year (2 weeks after gettin the car) :( my insurance is due end of next month. Im gettin between 1300 and 1600 (accident was 400 on the claim) I'm 20 with a 1L micra. Complete rip off.

Ive heard some bad things about flux too mate so they're not on the top of my list.

Kev said:
err hello?!?! lol

Adrian Flux, even more so if your doing an engine conversion on the car, no better insurance company out there for modified cars and getting insured with big engine mods.

You can do an online quote in minutes and your official member discount tut! lol

Kev

flux are terrible, ive never once had a half decent quote off them, i guarantee Jamie could beat this bunch of muppets

U told me u didn't want to stay with Tesco!!!! Oh i dunno!! :p

I'm going with Diamond soon, they have given me a quote of around 330 fully comp with mod's and Arnold as a named driver!!! Wicked eh!!

Just be careful with fully comp, for the same reason i am. The excess is worth more than the car so your just wasting money, which is why im back to third party f&t

hughes_16v said:
its going to be about 900 when i come to renenew my policie in 2months time. asda are complete rip offs. www.quinn-direct.co.uk are very good.

i've heard there dodgy when it comes to paying out quotes.

I used Confused.com and Ensliegh were the cheapest, just under £700 for third party, and ive got no noclaims as i've been driving as a named driver for 2 years, but no accidents or points

I tried flux too, and they quoted me £1400 TPFT all mods declared. 19, 2 years experience, 0ncb.

Tried Jamie that Ben is talking about and he said arounsd £1000TPFT.

With Elephant now, they were the cheapest. £890 TPFT all mods declared.

where the hell do you lot get your prices from?

mine was on a peugeot 309 GTI......... 6 months experience, 0ncb, one written off car, adrian flux quoted £1599 fully comp.....and i was only 21....

my micra is a 1.3 super s, all mods declaired, 22, 1 years experience, 0ncb, £510 fully comp with £450 excess......£960 for the car.....yeah i would take that... all from tescos...

i got a quote on an old e30 bmw 325i for £715...tpft.... Tescos

Back