:( Insurance :(

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Hi, I am 17 years young, and i have just bought my micra 1.2, but insurance is really being a pain, does anyone know any cheap insurance companys for a new (young Driver)?

Cheers For Any Help!

yeah insurance is incredibly high for young drivers in Micras for some strange reason, I was 18 when I got my insurance and the best deal i found was £1075 for just third party with no fire and theft. That was on a 1.0l aswell, and that was from DNA insurance.

you should spend £150 and do pass plus. or £25 if you're lucky like me. then approach norwich union who will reduce your quote by 48%

Yeah pass plus is a must! I told Tesco i was planning on doing it so they reduced my insurance loads, i just had to send them a certificate or something to say i had completed it..... i never did the course due to lack of money and they didnt follow it up!! so saved a packet on both fronts ;)

Also, third party cover is now generally more expensive than third party F&T to try and discourage people getting it... I think my requotes were between 50-100 quid more for third party fwn

Giving a restricted mileage also helps, my bike is insured for 3000 miles per year and that brought it down loads. Not that I recommend taking the weewee but you don't have to declare your mileage at renewal...

Back