Insurance wont cover lowering

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
So yeah the insurance company i chose to go with this year (Admiral) soley because they insured mods have decided they 'cant' insure my car if i lower it. Safe to say im less than pleased. I didn't speak to them myself so am going to ring them tomorrow and ask for a specific reason. This is just a vent really, im so annoyed.

chill man, how long you got left to go? i thought admiral were ok with it, stupid really, lowering makes your car handle better and in an even of a sudden mistake it may allow you to steer around as you have better control

when i added wider tyres to admiral it lowered my premium!!

hope all is ok, let us know

good luck matey

I was stuck in that position for 10 months :( unable to cancel my insurance because of a windscreen clam. After the year had passed I renewed with Chris Knott. The car was closer to the ground within 24 hours of the policy starting.

I'm 22 been with admiral 2 years, declared all my mods, 30mm drop increased it by £60 and they said the 57i they'd add for free! no troubles?

EDIT: all they questioned was the drop distance, they said over or under 35mm, I said under.

right im well confused then. I said the drop would be 5cm-12.5cm (they had different categories of drop) and when asked why i was doing it i said it was to modernise the cars handling. They also asked if i was rallying, racing or anything and that was a no, and when asked who would do the fitting i said i would. They said they'd have to contact the under-writers and 6 days later they come back saying they wont cover it. The only thing i can think of is cause im 18 but i read all the t&cs before choosing Admiral and saw nothing that suggested there was a minimum age for mods.

not really an option with my parents mate, ringing up tomorrow to find out their reasons as i didnt actually take the call earlier.

It may be your age but it could be because you're fitting them? I think I remember them asking actually who would be fitting them and I went "a...err.. local garage" I think actually I did it months previously anyway then declared them when the renewal came through. Sod them. They didn't even send me a new certificate with the mods declared but I did haggle em down £100 lol *shrug*. Give them some jip mate, good luck

are you on your own policy or are your parents on it to lower the premium, ring up again and say you want to make some changes

tell them your having lowering springs FITTED BY AUTHORISED GARAGE and see what they say, they may ask for name etc but doubt it, ive never heard of a company say yes to one person for lowering and no to another?!

if you always listen to your parents your always have a standard micra, just lower the damn thing, they wont notice a 35mm mm drop unless you fitting coilovers and making it look like mckenzies!?

Well true, btw I found out I couldn't open door when I parked next to curb. lol
yeah that was fun to watch, or the fact you couldnt get out of the driveway! lol
my k10 is lowered -35mm and not told the insurance company as far as im concerned i know nothing about cars and it was already like that :wasntme:
Good Luck!

:grinning: YES! Rang up just now and spoke to a very lovely lady and she said she couldn't see a reason why it'd been refused and that to add it to my policy it would cost £73.66 which i'm more than happy to pay. So happy now and cheers everyone, if i hadnt got all these replies saying Admiral covered them i may not've been so quick to ring them up (Y) 60mm drop coming soon with (finally) a blog to follow..

:grinning: YES! Rang up just now and spoke to a very lovely lady and she said she couldn't see a reason why it'd been refused and that to add it to my policy it would cost £73.66 which i'm more than happy to pay. So happy now and cheers everyone, if i hadnt got all these replies saying Admiral covered them i may not've been so quick to ring them up (Y) 60mm drop coming soon with (finally) a blog to follow..
Ouch on the expense though! but happy you got it sorted!

Imo it's a small price to pay after forking out 200 odd quid for the springs plus some of it is birthday present from the 'rents so its not too bad. Now im just waiting for a dry day!

good to hear that. its basically like paying 6 quid a month. not to bad for 60mm drop. I bet 50mm would be cheaper. did you tell her you getting it done by garage or she didnt even ask?

thats much better news mate,thought it was a bit odd, dry day sod that, i'd do it in the snow, you will be so happy with it when there on

Need before and after pics aswell mate

btw mintyfresh prepare yourself with patient. you got loads of rusty bolt to look forward to. i found out that rears are always done in 20 mins and front take ages. good luck

Finished the job today with the help of a local garage's air tools lol Will post a blog up now showing 'fore and after pics along with just other bits of the car. Cheers!

Back