insurance on a k11 1.3 sr

its terrible how much i pay .. i was paying over 1600 for it there and i was just quoated 828 by admiral thats good considerin i'm 18 and its my first car and all but i think its still high i have had my licence 15 month now and it is so bad i have took my car off the road and now i have nowt on the car but if i dont get any better than admiral i might aswell take that price can any one help me ?

Its better than what i got quoted by elephant (who are owned by admiral) Just out of curiousity i got a quote on a 1.3 micra to see how much it would cost me, bearing in mind im 22 and have been driving for just over a year now with a years no claims, my insurance went from £416 which im paying for the 1.0l, to £986 for a 1.3, just shows that if you want small cost youve got to go small engine, certainly for the first two years at least cos insurance companies love to rape new drivers (except women grr )

Aye, the SR is much more desirable to be TWOC, and being a bit quicky and "sportier" more likely to be crashed...

Three things I can think of are if you have a garage or off-road parking, use it. Then consider a pro-fitted Thatcham 1 alarm - might cost £80 to fit, but it knocked as much as that off my last Almera.
And finally, if you've got any older women you can add as a named driver, that can have an effect too - mum, auntie, neighbour, friend's mum...

i have all of them on the anyway so the thing is its still high my mate pays round about 500 for the insurance on his super s they are both the same cars just different models its weird

Just to throw this in im 21 with no no-claims with 18 month old license. For a K12 there was only about £50 difference in insurance costs between all grades.

seems weired for the big difference for the K11

Back