Insurance

sup yall

considering a micra K11 after i pass my test :blush: , was wondering what the insurance cost would be, they range from 3 - 5 right? personally prefer the 1.3, abit more grunt, but guessing it would be higher on the ratings, i did an online qoute, it came to 4k, surely thats not right, how can they charge 4 grand on a car worth a few hundred, also what is the car genrally like to own, i currently do my lessons in one, i like the car, its great, nippy and grunty/revvy, abit girly:girly:

anyways thanks :k11motors

How old are you? I presume you are a bloke considering you think the Micra's a bit girly. When I had my 1l, it was £250 to insure on my provisional at age 24 (but I am a girl which always helps).

I was about £1200ish fully comp, excess of £250 aged 19 with 1.0 1998 with adrain flux and but then again im a girl. So far shes only not started once & ive had her about a year and a bit (engine flooded).

If you are going for a micra the only thing i would say is check the front crossmember as they tend to be abit rustyish & you might not wanna fork out to get bits like that fixed straight away. I've also found that petrol seems to last forever before you need to fill up again, not bad thing :grinning: Hope this helps.

22yrs with pass plus - 1.0 K11 - 3rd party fire theft - Endsleigh: £978
23yrs - Endsleigh price matched RAC and Elephant - 716
24yrs now and due for renewal... still 3rd party fire theft... Elephant: 610, Adrian Flux: 517 and Sky Insurance: waiting for quote. Norwich Union quote me sad: 690

Personally Id avoid the big names e.g AA, RAC, Tesco, Natwest, Barclays etc.

well i's 18, and yup i'm a dude :upside:

i'm guessing som of youse are pretty olde, if u got qoutes of £250 :p

well i did another qoute on confused.com yesterday, and the cheapest was £2594.92 from Quinn Direct, high street insurers didnt even give a qoute

gurpeet and stani, how old are you, are you 18 now, or are you talking about before, cos i've got qoutes many times, and there nowhere as cheap as you guys are getting :(

and before i go, whats a front crossmember?

any cheers guys for the infos

((Rocky)) i got the quote at the age of 18 and i still am 18...i had a 1.0l micra before but the engine ceased so i bought another one exact same and the insurance company swapped over the cars and i had to pay no extra...r u sure ur filling in all the info correctly because £2500 is far too much!! im only third party, fire and theft but £1060 was the cheapest i could find :)

Rocky, it sucks!

Mine was £2000 tpft at 17 Male on a full license on a 1.0L

Nothing you can do about it.

It also depends where you live aswell, your occupation and annual mileage

Try Direct Line mate. They have been the cheapest for me. When I first passed my test 1 year ago it was £1100 TPFT on a 1996 1.0i. Now I have 1 year's no claims bonus and I am 18 it has gone down to £650 TPFT. This is with me as the registered keeper and main driver, with my parents as added drivers.

front crossmember is the bit that holds the radiator at the front of the car, it sits just undernearth the radiator

Try Moneysupermarket.com for a cheaper quote - 4K is taking the ####! Try putting your mileage as low as possible. Also do you have any friends/family in posh areas where you can keep your car?

I've got a spreadsheet with all the different car models and their insurance groups, email me if youre interested - cathlewis blueyonder co uk.

Im nearly 24 yrs old... I would say go for the Pass Plus if you havent... it saved me £100 with Endsleigh... if it is less than £100 then it might not be worth it... but for those insurance companies that take it into consideration properly... you could save 100-150... and I also suggest third party fire theft... if the quotes are still then perhaps put it under a parents name? but the best way is to put it on yours and let your No Claims build...

Have you tried Adrian Flux??
Give us some more quotes ;)

hey hey :p

i passed my test a few weeks ago, looking for a car, micra seems to be at the top of the list. insurance is still a problem, mine is still way to high, my sister got a qoute for her (also recently passed) and hers came to £1100, while mine is over £3500, this was with Budget-Sabre.

So was thinking is it worth phoning up say quinndirect???

Cheers :slm:

try the comparison site on autotrader.co.uk also moneysupermarket.co.uk and forget norwich union!! im with a company called dial direct which is supplied thru zurich im 450 fully comp

a freind of mine has just passed at 18 but hes got a ban on his record for driving without a licence and on a 1300 micra gx k11 t reg he got quoted £850 with swiftcover.com

the thing about those comparison sites is that there not "young driver friendly", they don't give you accurate qoutes, otherwise would of been the easiest way of shopping for qoutes.

Thanks butta for that link, will try that, why do i get so much ridiculous qoutes then o_O Must be the area i live in?:glare:

just tried swift cover, they wont even qoute me, saying im too young, this is getting really frustrating :down: :mad:

Try Admiral. They're insuring me fully comp for £986 (I think) and I have a claim to my name, pass plus and no no-claims.

25 and with Endsleigh = 350 TPFT... 1.4 16v
Fully comp = 450 with 2 drivers

Id try Endsleigh to start and build your NCB... from 4 years on it gets easier...
Sure you may have to pay an extortionate price first time around but the second year gets less and as you go on...

Adding an insurance approved alarm is worth while too...
And Im not encouraging it but the odd porky works: "I'm going to park it in a garage over night..." but this is at your own risk and may invalidate your insurance...

ha ha ha mine was 120 quid with 50 quid cash back so that makes my insurance for the year 70 quid ......post office..........go online use confused.com

I'm paying £675 on the micra - mods declared (bodykit, alloys, suspension)
The orion is a joke at Over £1000, but then saying that it is insurance group 11 :|

Pass plus is definitly worth doing, as your gonna save quite a bit i imagine. Most insurance companies will see it as 1 years no claims once you've completed it, and it's only 6 sessions long! Will give you that extra experience too.

4 grand is rediculous, the highest quote i ever had was 3 grand on my unmodified K10! - norwich union.. 'quote me happy!' yeah right.. Now paying just under £300 with most mods declared.

I'm with Tesco by the way :)

well i's 18, and yup i'm a dude :upside:

i'm guessing som of youse are pretty olde, if u got qoutes of £250 :p

well i did another qoute on confused.com yesterday, and the cheapest was £2594.92 from Quinn Direct, high street insurers didnt even give a qoute

gurpeet and stani, how old are you, are you 18 now, or are you talking about before, cos i've got qoutes many times, and there nowhere as cheap as you guys are getting :(

and before i go, whats a front crossmember?

any cheers guys for the infos

hi there , i fink mine was similar to yours , they were asking 2100 i fink , lots of fone calls and going through the yellow pages the best insurance company for young male drivers i would say is directline closely followed by endsligh.
Mine was 1500 for an m reg micra hollywood 5 dr.Good luck

Thing with Pass Plus is that you end up spending up to £200 on those extra lessons, and usually the savings you can get is around £100 or so, which seems pointless. fwn

Yeh good thing would be to shop around will try out directline, £1500 is very decent, I really need to get some phone qoutes rather rant about online qoutes, lol

My area is high risk :down:

Thing with Pass Plus is that you end up spending up to £200 on those extra lessons, and usually the savings you can get is around £100 or so, which seems pointless.

That must depend on the area then, as my pass plus dropped the insurance down by £400. Helped out alot! and it was only the price of six driving lessons, £100 at most.

Back