Insurance Guide

A

amishra

Hi,

I have 1997 micra. some one hit it on left side passenger door which i am not able to trace. Its a hit and run case. what should i do to get it repair. should i claim from my insurance co. Any idea abt how much premium would increase in next year. the total cost to repair would be £ 500 - £1000.

Please advise.

Thanks
Amit

Get a new door(from scrapyard) if that is the only damage...
Dont claim on your insurance - otherwise youll ruin your NCB,,.

Dusk said:
Get a new door(from scrapyard) if that is the only damage...
Dont claim on your insurance - otherwise youll ruin your NCB,,.

Yeah i second that, your insurance will prob go up a couple of hundred otherwise!!

claim it ! thats what its there fr and it wont go up much as you have no no claims anyway

B

ull have to wait 12 months until you can get 1 years no claims again.
You will have to declare that incident for the next 3 years on your insurance.

....or get a door from a scrapyard...
If you do it - you will regret it, dont say i diddnt tell you.

Scrap yard is the ONLY option which should be put forward here. Dont even think about going through the insurance!

you say the damage is between £500 and £1000, so im guessing its more than a door as i new door with respraying should only cost £300. What condition is the sill in and is there any damage to the chasis of the car?

A scrapyard door will cost under £100 hopefully in the correct colour as well. If not you will have to spray it and it shouldn't cost more than £100 to get that done properly.

Can you post pictures of the damage

Finally the bit regarding your insurance company. The car is worth
Independent Dealer £ 910
Private Good £ 780
Private Poor £ 440
Part Exchange £ 625
(source parkers guide based on a 1.0GX)

So if the cost of repair is over £500 they would most likely write it off.

MIke

your pass plus kinda counts as your no claims for the first year,then after 12month and you havent claimed your NCB cancells it out,,thats wot my insurance does anyway

i saved summat like 47% with pass plus and then after my first year saved 55% of the original price

claiming would be silly, you wont be able to get a years no claims for another 3years, well my mum lost all her 7years ncb when she had a 3crashes and now cant build anymore for 3years etc..............

Back