insurance friendly mods

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as above, my insurance for my 1.3 SI k11 standard is just over a £1000 possiably less if i keep searching. i want to keep it that way and be insuranble...

so what mods will put my insurance up? i know its best to ask my insurance but i just want a rough quide.

i.e would 2001+ k11 facelift facelift parts count as modified on my insurance, aand an exhaust trim? lol

cheers
dan

Here's the list I got from an insurance company:
All will increase insurance

Exhaust system
Air filter/Induction kit
ECU remap
Boost Controller
Camshaft
Dumpvalve
Ecotec valve
Fuel regulator
Intercooler
Flywheel
LPG
Short shifter
Supercharger
Throttle bodies
Turbo
Turbo timer
Twin carb conversion
Up graded internals
Water injectors
Larger fuel injectors
Engine replacement
Lowering
Raising
Upgraded brakes
Aftermarket bonnet
Different lights
Different mirrors
Body kit
Spoilers
Roll cage
Interior changes
Custom paint
Anti roll bar
Strut brace
Brake hoses
Aftermarket grille
Carbon fibre panels
Front splitter
Lambo doors
Tinted windows
Different seats
Steering wheel

Oddly enough 3 point harnesses don't need to be declared if used with standard seats

I never understood why better brakes were considered a bad thing. Also, a lot of companys will charge you extra for anything that'll increase car being stolen. So, major ICE stuff (not a headunit and some 6x9's in a parcel shelf), alloys, and other fun stuff.

i hate insurance companys, i claim that the modification i have was cheaper to buy than going to nissan for a brand new part. get it up those who say we have to go to the scrappies :p

I never understood why better brakes were considered a bad thing. Also, a lot of companys will charge you extra for anything that'll increase car being stolen. So, major ICE stuff (not a headunit and some 6x9's in a parcel shelf), alloys, and other fun stuff.

I guess their theory is the brakes are good enough for thousands of standard drivers, why do YOU need the uprated ones lol! Even so without a power increase i reckon anything that increases car safety shouldn't affect it.

ive read in one of those max power haynes books that theres no such thing as "insurance friendley mods"
but i cant see why things like subtle visual modds increase the premium like smoothing and tints

I can't see why 4 point harnesses and bucket seats increase it.

4 or 6 point harnesses are probably more safe then a standard seatbelt airbag combo. And bucket seats are usually stronger and taller, so you don't get crushed if you roll your car. I guess insurance is more interested in money then your life...

Nah the insurance just thinks, why would he need bigger brakes? hmmm, cause he wants to drive quicker! The same with harnesses etc, in their eyes you only need them if you are hammering it!

Fair enough.

Have you seen the WRC video with chris atkinson showing off the 6 point harnesses though? He goes over this massive jump, and lands it, and him and his co driver don't even move, the harnesses work so well.

i love having a harnes and bucket seat when my mates driving otherwise i may have been through the window like 7 times lol

Back