Insurance advice please (needed urgently)

Allan

Ex. Club Member
This advice is regaring this..

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7866&page=2

Now i put down on my insurance my car is worth £1100. Just spoke to the women (who hit me) on the phone and she asked how much i want to settle without going to the insurance company.

What do you reckon the insurance company would offer me for that car? I don't want to ask her for something that is too low, cause i'd be a bit annoyed if i could have got more from insurance.

Same goes if i get less off the insurance than she was offering, what do you lot think? Help much appreciated.

go through the insurance.thats what is ther for...it was her fault so you have nothing to loose

unless she offers you a stupid amount that i

if you can get the same amount of money from her as you can the insurance company i would personally get it from her, if it all goes tits up go to the insurance company. but thats just me, i know if i hit someone i would want to keep clear from the insurance to keep my no claims but thats just me.

Thats the advice i'm needing though, i really don't know the insurance would offer.

She was asking me how much would i be looking for.

I know, thats where the cash is goin!

I was thinkin maybe 600, but i really need someone with knowledge who would know what the insurance are likely to offer.

Allan said:
I know, thats where the cash is goin!

I was thinkin maybe 600, but i really need someone with knowledge who would know what the insurance are likely to offer.

look in the trader see what a car same as yours are going for. and tell the woman you just lost me this much cash..make me an offer

If you claim off her insurance it will put your insurance up for the next three years at least, I would try and get her to pay for it myself

Craig said:
If you claim off her insurance it will put your insurance up for the next three years at least, I would try and get her to pay for it myself

why? i thought it was her fault...

Mate, look your car up in www.parkers.co.uk - they will give you a value between the lowest and the highest values. A 1997 GX is only going to get you between 400 and 700 - and then theres the cost of the excess. If you have an excess of £250, and they deem your car only worth say 550, you'll be getting back a mere £300. If they gave you £700 (which i doubt they'd do), with an excess of £250 you'd still only get £450 back... And then in future you'll have to declare you were in an accident - your fault or not - which will push up insurance slightly regardless of whos to blame.

Craig said:

no it wont go up at all, because she admits its her fault Allan you dont do it through your insurance, you need to do it through hers. Thats the point of insurance both types (third party or fully comp) cover the other person who you had the crash with. It has been said that its best to go through insurance but remember this can take time compaired to a cash settlement from her which can be done in a matter of minutes.

Also if you do it through her insurance they might take your car and dispose of it in exchange for cash settlement (from insurance company). Swings and roundabouts really, you could say £1000 to her and call it quits, then you can break your car and put that towards an SR.

Remember when i had my crash in feb this year ? its still ongoing because she is saying its my fault and vice versa, because of this we had to claim on our own insurance (paying excess etc) the solicitors are now dealing with it. If we do a 50-50 split we get half out excess back and our insurance still goes up, on the other hand if it goes to court and the judge finds me in the right (which i was) i get all my excess back and no extra charge for my premium.

there is no need for you to claim because she admits it...sorry if thats a little confusing

See im really confused on this, dad wants me to put it through the insurance, im really confused and i need to make a decision in the next 15 mins or so.

Allan said:
See im really confused on this, dad wants me to put it through the insurance, im really confused and i need to make a decision in the next 15 mins or so.

go through her inurance

still need help mate ? if u do a cash settlement with her now for £1000 then i would say thats decent, if not just go through insurance

agreed. id try and get the cash from her. would save sooooooo much hassle! obviously if she doesnt cough up quick then take it thru the insurance but as said before that could also take months!

paddymarsden said:
no it wont go up at all, because she admits its her fault

actually, yes it does go up. Mine has went up and so has a friend of mine, both non fault accidents. Thats depending on insurance company you use. You could say to me "well just change insurance company's" but that company is the cheapest one, even if they do add £80 per year to my premium :(. it sucks big time.

when i crashed the guy who was (and said) he was perfectly fine claimed for neck injuries. total skum bag, applies to anyone else who FALSELY claims personal injury.

I crashed into the back of an old manager, with a few work friends in his car.

Fine, went out to town that night, was in work for 3 weeks after, I had records of that, so I could PROVE it was a false claim if they tried anything. About 2 months after the accident, they got sacked, and put in a personal injury claim against me.

I told insurance I had the proof, they said, and I quote "It's cheaper to just pay them, than go to court"

I agree, scum, I have no time for anybody that falsely claims anything, and should be locked up with the rest of the scum in this country that's becoming more and more like America

the (not so) funny thing is, this poor women is probably ####ting herself knowing she's gonna have a massive bill. she's probably well worried. to claim whiplash too would just be harsh!

Back