installing a ps2 in a car

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
well my mate got a tv screen for his car and wants to install a ps2, just wondering how much would you all say is a good price for that?? or anyone recomend anywhere in west of scotland??

cheers fraz:unclesam:

Well i did mine for about £130, including the screen.

You'll need another power lead, a ps/2 lead and a power invertor. If you want it through the stereo it gets a bit harder. PM me for fitting, as i've got weekedns off now man.

Titch :kungfu:

Titch said:
Well i did mine for about £130, including the screen.

You'll need another power lead, a ps/2 lead and a power invertor. If you want it through the stereo it gets a bit harder. PM me for fitting, as i've got weekedns off now man.

Titch :kungfu:

can you run it through a standard HU?

If you have an AUX lead in the back of your H/U it will plug straight in, otherwise you will need an FM modulator as Titch says, wiring it up is pretty easy, once you figure out where all of the wires go. :p

I will remind people again that the use of FM modulators in the UK is still illegal (and probably relatively poor quality). Crazy I know, but true, the government are looking into it with the EU though.

Incidentally, pretty much any Pioneer from 1995 or so onwards has the capability of AUX-in via their IP-BUS input. I think some other systems have similar things (Clarion, Alipine etc) what headunit does he have?

if it dont have a aux but has a free cd changer connection u can get a cable that will turn that in to aux thats what i have done

If you are handy at electronics, you can bypass the power invertor and transformer in the ps2 and just run it directly from a DC-DC convertor........

fox1983 said:
if it dont have a aux but has a free cd changer connection u can get a cable that will turn that in to aux thats what i have done
I think that's what I was referring to :) This is the Pioneer version:

ALPAI-RCA.JPG

Lots of them here: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/index.php?cPath=737_697

Back