Securing a sub in my car...

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
I'm about to remove my rear seat, pacel shelf (bye bye 6x9's) but don't fancy taking my sub and amp out.

I was thinking of Eye hooks in the top of the sub box and have a cable going from the rear top mounts through the hooks...

Has some one got an idea on how to secure the sub and amp in the back of my car with out having to install a huge heavy MDF floor? as i'm trying to get the best of both lightening and audio installs.

hmmm just thought, where though?

The boot has the spare wheel, the bench has the fuel tank under it.

Looks like i might have to do with out a sub or get a false floor :(

If you put the sub box over the spare wheel well, try hingeing it at the front of the box and securing the rear of the box with wingnuts screwed down onto bolts through the boot floor, then if access is needed to the spare it is easily accessed by tilting the box forward.

Alternatively build the sub box into the spare wheel well and mount the spare wheel elsewhere in the car, I'm thinking about putting my space saver spare under the rear of the car, but I don'y know how much ground clearance there would be.

I don't want to move the sub in to the spare wheel well. Plus a flase floor would be OTT as the windows are being tinted and it's not for show inside behind the seats.

The hinge idea is the best so far.

get some sub box straps and mod them (drill hole) to fit the top of the rear shock absorbers top nuts, thats how im going to do it in mine

Grant said:
i have used heavy duty velcro, it has worked a treat on mine.

Agree with Pete! that wont stop it at all - and wouldnt stop them getting nicked either if it was broken into!

Back