Install Revision 2 (new images)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Yeah I know it's not micra lol!

I'm having a massive change, infact downsizing a lot. I'm just about to redo the false floor, no sub this time in it's place will be some genesis mini subs in custom fibreglass enclosures.

So out goes the battery, orion sub, directed amp and a whole new look! :D

If the fibreglassing pods go well, I may do the floor with a fibreglass covering, however today I'm just wanting to get the floor constructed.

wish me luck! lol
Kev

There coming, lots more to do tomorrow.

My aim tomorrow is to make the amp rack lid with the toyota badge in it cut out for the lighting to show through and show the amps.

Kev

Not sure yet,

in fact I'm doing the floor again, not happy with it and amp rack is going back to where is was before.

I've now decided I'm going to basically copy what I have before but a lot lighter. So a false floor, amp rack and side and then cover it. I'm going to do some cut outs on the amp rack and sides with some kind of designs.

I have also worked out my saved weight and so far it's:

Battery 18.6kg
Amp 6.2kg
Powe Cap 4.0kg
Sub 29.6kg!!!
Sound proofing 12kg

LOL so that's 70.4kg of weight saving so far!!!

Still got to see what all the mdf comes too

Kev

red, I have a few neons from my original install.

Kev

dude do a different design lol - the micra and the corolla were nearly identical, change it round a bit

Ben said:
dude do a different design lol - the micra and the corolla were nearly identical, change it round a bit
Ben, tbh if I was loading the boot full of amps and still using a sub then yes I would do a different design.

However, all I want to do is cover the boot in a light weight mdf that I'm using, much lighter then my original install in the corolla.

The genesis mini subs will be mounted on fibreglass pods on the parcel shelf which I will be making up soon, that will look quite different to how it looks now.

I thought about changing it round, hence the amp rack in the floor, but then I thought what's the point when I need to finish off behind the seats which can still be the amp rack.

I will be doing suttle changes and possibly covering it differently.

Kev

Well I've been a little busy of late and have removed the new false floor and completely re-built the install with a few minor changes, still a fair bit of tidying up to do, but it's getting there.

Still waiting for my genesis mini subs which will be positioned in the sides of the install and then still not decided on how to cover it yet.

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

Thanks
Kev

do the parcel shelf in the same leather as your seats.....then have black/red leather covering the install, that would look amazing

k11stew said:
rather u than me to trim the rising sun!

looks tidy though.

lol I know, it was a sod to cut out, still need to tidy it up and if all goes wrong I'll just cut another mdf piece.

worth a go though and I've done quite a bit of work like this now and know a few tricks to makes things easier.

Kev

Back