New Bass amp installed

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
bye bye Genesis Dual Monoblock...............hello Directed 1100d

popup_image.php

weighs in at an impressive 1100 rms @ 1ohm

Mark needed his Genesis Dual Monoblock back and I have had the plessure of using it for over a year now lol! :eek: So had to find a replacement as it appears my Orion Bass amp will never return.

I have wired it in today and haven't really had time to see what it's like, but already I can tell the difference is going to be huge finally running good power through Ed's old Orion Sub, lol the sound proofing was just right before, lots more needed now :p

Kev :)

If im thinking of the right one Kev, you can join two of them togther to get 2500wrms @ 1 ohm.

Hope you enjoy it mate.

Mike

Well the Orion amp has had almost every part changed on the board and Ed still can't seem to find exactly why it won't run properly. So for now it's dead. He has also spent out a considerable amount of money trying to fix it, which I really thank him for considering my current financial situation....

This amp was a gift to help me keep my install running as the genesis had to come out. Yes Mike you can add a 2nd amp, but this is enough for me lol!

Kev

lol well I haven't put it through it's paces yet as I'm running it in.

however it's already completely changed my setup as it's running the sub differently to before, it's already rattling a heavily sound proofed car and 2,500w rms would be insane, although the sub would probabaly take it without any problems, but the box would need a complete overhaul.

Kev

Here's some pics of the changes.

I might make up another front for the amp rack as with 2 amps in you can no longer hardly see anything of them at all. The genesis mononblock was positioned in the middle before and the profile 4 behind the amp rack.

Kev :)

Looks very good Kev, how is the Profile 4 lately. Has it been behaving itself since the 'Boys' had a word with it.

Mike

so how can 1 sub create a 1 ohm load on the amp to achieve the 1100w RMS? i tend to find the 0.5 ohm and 1 ohm figures a load of tripe

Slim said:
so how can 1 sub create a 1 ohm load on the amp to achieve the 1100w RMS? i tend to find the 0.5 ohm and 1 ohm figures a load of tripe

Dual 2ohm voice coils - wire them in parallel to attain a 1ohm load on the amp (half the 2ohm)........

:)

My amp also kicks out 1100wrms into 1ohm, but I dont think my W3v2's would like that much!

Back